Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Voice calls cutting out

BZpbp
Tutor

Voice calls cutting out

Voice calls keep cutting out intermittently....not a total drop...sometimes I hear just fragments of words coming from the other end.  Seems to get better after power cycle...but a couple of hours later same issue.  All wiring has been checked.  No noticeable internet interruptions.  Any ideas appreciated.  It's a pain when I'm making calls for work! model 7100V

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BZpbp

Have you checked with you ISP have them check everything on there side?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 12
BZpbp
Tutor

Yes...all checked out....in fact, they installed a voice only modem, and there were no issues.  When I went back to 7100V...calls cut out.  there must be a conflict somewhere interfering with voice calls

Message 3 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

We want to work with you on this send me a PM with your name, email, and phone number and our support team will contact you.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 4 of 12
pdxbears
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my c7100v. Very frustrating. Comcast says everything looks fine.

Message 5 of 12
BZpbp
Tutor

Yes....same thing here...I have now given up on using the 7100v for voice...comcast installed a separate voice modem, and I haven't had a problem since.  There is some issue with the 7100v voice setup....I don't have the time to figure it out.

Message 6 of 12
MBracco
Aspirant

Exact same problem here - Comcast says signals look fine on their end but we have a terrible issue of voice dropping in/out during calls.  Makes it essentially unusuable.

Like other poster - Power cycle does make it better for a while

Message 7 of 12
pdxbears
Aspirant

Voice has worked perfectly since disabling WiFi a few months ago. I'm using my old R7000 for WiFi, which was a better piece of hardware anyway. Pretty disappointing that a not-inexpensive router doesn't work as advertised. Netgear doesn't seem interested in fixing it and I'm probably done with them.
Message 8 of 12
BZpbp
Tutor

Agreed...this was not an inexpensive piece of equipment.  You have nto had a problem since disabling wifi...and I have't had a problem since installing separate, voice only modem.  Obviously a conflict between wireless and voice, which Netgear has no interest in solving

Message 9 of 12
BJG_2019
Aspirant

I have the C7100V AC1900 Cable Modem Voice Router. The voice calls started cutting out about two weeks ago. There are no issues with Comcast -- just the voice so I need help in getting this issue resolved!!!!

My modem/router wasn't a selection in the dropdown -- the NightHawk is the latest version showing. Hoping that I'm not told this VERY EXPENSIVE router/modem is no longer supported.

Can someone tell me where I can get the software patch to correct this VERY FRUSTRATING issue?

Thanks!

Billie

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 10 of 12
BZpbp
Tutor

Hey there.....sorry to say...but join the club.  The 7100v should never have been approved by Comcast, because it is incapable of delivering a quality voice sgnal.  However, there is supposedly a firmware update that fixes the issue coming out soon.  If we're lucky, it will fix the problem....I'm not betting on it though.

Message 11 of 12
BJG_2019
Aspirant

Well that stinks! I purchased my router/modem in October and the phone/voice was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. Any other place/forum we can pass along our angst? 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7