× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3400v2 Password for 5G not the same as for 2G??

NACS
Initiate

WNDR3400v2 Password for 5G not the same as for 2G??

I am getting an "Authentication Error Occurred" on my phone for the Netgear 5G detected network.  Spectrum cable recommended going to network setup on my phone, selecting Forget and then when it autoconnects again to use the same password I have saved for the 2G network - assumption being that the Netgear router should have the same password regardless of the 2G or 5g network.  I did this but when I use the same password that works for the 2G I get "Incorrect password entered".  How do I resolve this?  Thanks in advance for any help to get this resolved!!

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WNDR3400v2 Password for 5G not the same as for 2G??

You can log into the route and view change the wireless ssid and password on the router. 

Many do set the 2.4ghz and 5ghz the same but maybe something was mistyped or it actually wasn't. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23438/Smart-Wizard-How-to-change-your-NETGEAR-router-WiFi-password-or-network...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can log into the route and view change the wireless ssid and password on the router. 

Many do set the 2.4ghz and 5ghz the same but maybe something was mistyped or it actually wasn't. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23438/Smart-Wizard-How-to-change-your-NETGEAR-router-WiFi-password-or-network...

Message 2 of 3
NACS
Initiate

Thank you, that was very helpful.  It never occurred to me that I would have to set a different password for 5G; I thought setting the password once was enough! I was able to access and set the password for 5G to something I will remember.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7