Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What kind of connection is a fiber cable? Any known problems hooking it to a N300 WNR2000v5?

MHLane
Aspirant

What kind of connection is a fiber cable? Any known problems hooking it to a N300 WNR2000v5?

Subject line says it all! All references to hookup say DSL or cable - not specific sort of cable.

Perhaps cable is cable is cable?

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: What kind of connection is a fiber cable? Any known problems hooking it to a N300 WNR2000v5?

Hello MHLane

yes if your modem has ethernet connection then you can hook it up to your WNR2000v5 just fine.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/fiber-optic.htm

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
MHLane
Aspirant

Re: What kind of connection is a fiber cable? Any known problems hooking it to a N300 WNR2000v5?

Hi Darren - Thanks for the reply - I have it hooked up that way. However when my wireless access computer attempts to connect it shows no internet access although it is connected wirelessly to the router. The only fix is to reset the fiber modem (router?) and then it hooks to the internet.

My wired computer sometimes acts the same way and although I have logged into the Netgear router and am on the interent right now when I attempt to log in to the router I get a -cannot display- message.

I have reset the router and gone through the set up all to no avail!

Message 3 of 4
netwrks
Master

If you purchased, or about to purcahse anything greater tha a 100Mbps Service from your ISP, you will be limited to 90ishMbps by the physical constraints of the WNR2000v5.

LAN 10BASE-T or 100BASE-Tx, RJ-45 WAN 10BASE-T or 100BASE-Tx, RJ-45. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7