Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

When will Netgear release a patch for KRACK for the C6250

PaulyC87
Aspirant

When will Netgear release a patch for KRACK for the C6250

I have a personally owned C6250 (not rented throught the ISP) and I'm wondering when Netgear will release a patch for the KRACK vulnerability. I  know that ISPs release patches for the ISP owned hardware whenever they want but my modem is owned by me and not managed by the ISP. 

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: When will Netgear release a patch for KRACK for the C6250

Hello PaulyC87

The ISP still has to push the firmware even if it a customer owned modem.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
PaulyC87
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM, the ISP DOES NOT own the router. It is one that I bought personally so that I don't pay router rental fees. Any time line around that?

Message 3 of 5
PaulyC87
Aspirant

Hi @DarrenM the ISP DOES NOT own the router. It is one that I bought personally so that I don't pay router rental fees. Any time line around that?

Message 4 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

C6250 is not impacted by KRACK (It does not support STA mode and it does not support 802.11r). 

even if it were impacted, FW would be pushed by ISP irrepective of whether they own it or you own it. ISPs do not allow customers to upgrade the devices by themselves. Comcast xfinity, Cox, Spectrum and other smaller ISPs take our FW and certify it. Out of most ISPs, Comcast xfinity and Cox push the FW much more quickly compared to other ISPs. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7