Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which Nighthawk Router is best for me?

gould003
Aspirant

Which Nighthawk Router is best for me?

Which Nighthawk router would be best for my household? I've struggled getting my internet to work throughout my house before and my internet provider recently suggested I get a much improved router.  They suggested a Nighthawk router.  I have a 2,800 sqft. home that includes a basement, main level and rooms on a second floor.  I'd prefer to cancel my TV provider and stream my TV instead, but I need to make sure that my internet connection will be enough.  I think what is provided in my area is enough, but the router I currently have does not push enough out.  

My household will use internet for streaming, mobile device use, work use (emial) and web surfing.  No gaming.  We have 3-4 tvs, a laptop and mobile phones.

Any suggests for this house setup and usage?  Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Which Nighthawk Router is best for me?

What is your current router and the internet speed that you are getting?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
gould003
Aspirant

I currently have an N300 Wireless Router from Netgear.  Sitting about 10 feet away from my router, I get 52.27 download speed, but the speed decreases a good bit when I go into a different room.  The house I am moving into has multiple floors, so I want to be able to get the speed I'm looking for throughout the house (i.e. bedroom, finished basement, office on 2nd floor).  Would I also need to buy something like an Eero mesh system to help get the signal everywhere I need?  I'm looking into a Nighthawk as my internet provider's serviceman told me that he's serviced a much larger house before with multiple stories and he was able to pick up a very strong signal throughout the house.  Did not have a mesh system either.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yea you can look into the R7000 or higher depending on your budget they do cover large areas. Or if you are wanting a mesh system Netgear offers different orbi skews.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7