Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Cable modem Router AC1200

Goldstarmom
Follower

WiFi Cable modem Router AC1200

I recently have been having issues with the rate of upload and download. I pay for 75Mbps from Comcast, but recently I have had terrilbe service, 23Mbps! I called their customer service department and they said that they were sending out the correct amount, and that the issue must be with my router/modem. I checked to be sure that it had the newest updates (it's 3 y/o ) and it did. 

So, what is the deal? Is it possible that it Is my modem/router? Or is it comcast way of shifting blame to avoid having to provide the correct Mbps? Idk, but it is becoming more frequent that I am attempting to stream, or download files, etc and I'll get a brief message saying I have no internet service, then it corrects and I am once again connected.

I'm not tech sharp, so in layman's terms, what can/should I do to figure out, first,where the problem lies, and second how to resolve it.

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks

Model: C6220|DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: WiFi Cable modem Router AC1200

Are you getting to spec speeds with a wired PC? 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7