Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi problem

wifiman03
Follower

Wifi problem

I’ve had this router for about a year now. About 2 weeks ago my wifi was bad so i went to un plug it for about 10 seconds. When it turned back on it didn’t connect me right away which was strange. I went to connect to it and it prompted me to enter a password for admin and security info. I entered new info like it told me to and went on with my morning. I turned on my Xbox Console and noticed my wifi was the worse it’s ever been. I left for vacation that night and returned last week. It’s been very bad this past week. I need help please
Model: C6900|High Speed Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Wifi problem

Your footer says you have the C6900. You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.) Your device is a Cable Modem/Router.

You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

Cable Modems & Routers

There is support for the C6900, including a manual, at the end of this link:

>>>C6900 | Product | Support | NETGEAR<<<

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Wifi problem

Try powering OFF the modem for 30 seconds then back on. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try powering OFF the modem for 30 seconds then back on. 

@wifiman03 wrote:
I’ve had this router for about a year now. About 2 weeks ago my wifi was bad so i went to un plug it for about 10 seconds. When it turned back on it didn’t connect me right away which was strange. I went to connect to it and it prompted me to enter a password for admin and security info. I entered new info like it told me to and went on with my morning. I turned on my Xbox Console and noticed my wifi was the worse it’s ever been. I left for vacation that night and returned last week. It’s been very bad this past week. I need help please

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7