Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi signal stops as soon as a particular laptop is switched on.

net_user38
Aspirant

Wifi signal stops as soon as a particular laptop is switched on.

My Router worked fine and gave me no problems until a friend came visiting. Everytime he turns on his laptop, the wifi signal of the whole house goes down. And it turns back on as soon as the laptop is shut down. We've tried this about 5-6 times so we're sure that it's happenig cause of the laptop. Any help would be great

Message 1 of 5
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

When you say ‘the wifi signal of the whole house goes down’ what do you mean? Do you mean that you can no longer connect to the network, have limited connectivity, or the router SSID is no longer visible in a wireless scan? Is that particular laptop set to obtain IP addresses automatically or has it been set with a static IP address?

Message 2 of 5
net_user38
Aspirant

The router is no longer visible for all devices. Yes, my laptop is configured to obtain IP addresses automatically

Message 3 of 5
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What model of router do you own, and is it dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If dual band do you have client devices that can use either band?

Message 4 of 5
Maru83
Aspirant

I had this exact issue. When my wife used her macbook on the wifi, it would just stop, all the lights went static and there was no connectivity not even directly connected.

I would check your friends notebook is set to automatically obtain ip/dns ect.

But I ended up just factory resetting the modem, set back my wifi settings and it was resolved. It worked for me. (Netgear support were no help, I was within my 90day support period at the time)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7