Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows 10 not recognize the DM200 modem router

xavierng
Aspirant

Windows 10 not recognize the DM200 modem router

Hi ,

My Windows 10 OS not recognize the DM200 modem-router when I plugged in it in the PC.

Any idea ?

Thanks, see you.

Message 1 of 14
antinode
Guru

Re: Windows 10 not recognize the DM200 modem router

> My Windows 10 OS not recognize the DM200 modem-router when I plugged
> in it in the PC.

What, exactly, does "not recognize" mean to you?  As usual, showing
actual actions with their actual results (error messages, LED
indicators, ...) can be more helpful than vague descriptions or
interpretations.

Message 2 of 14
schumaku
Guru

@xavierng

• Power applied?
  • LAN port (yellow/amber) used?
  • Ethernet link and activity LED on the router green or flashing green? On the front of the DM200, lowest LED with the network icon.
  • Ethernet link LED and activity LED (if any) on the PC? Note some portable devices might power-down the Ethernet port(s) if driven on battery.
  • Factory new DM200 or pre-used?
  • If pre-used, done a factory reset using a paper clip pressing the reset button on the DM200 back long enough to trigger a reset? Long enoug translates to some five seconds. Note any stored configuration will be lost. Once the reset button is pressed, the power/status LED does change from green to amber. After these five seconds, the power/status LED will start flashing, indicating the router is activating the default config.
Message 3 of 14
xavierng
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

@xavierng

• Power applied?
  • LAN port (yellow/amber) used?
  • Ethernet link and activity LED on the router green or flashing green? On the front of the DM200, lowest LED with the network icon.
  • Ethernet link LED and activity LED (if any) on the PC? Note some portable devices might power-down the Ethernet port(s) if driven on battery.
  • Factory new DM200 or pre-used?
  • If pre-used, done a factory reset using a paper clip pressing the reset button on the DM200 back long enough to trigger a reset? Long enoug translates to some five seconds. Note any stored configuration will be lost.

Hi @schumaku ,

Power applied yes.

LAN port is green fixed.

Activity LAN PC LED have green color activity.

My DM200 is factory new device.

See you.

Message 4 of 14
xavierng
Aspirant

@antinode wrote:

> My Windows 10 OS not recognize the DM200 modem-router when I plugged
> in it in the PC.

What, exactly, does "not recognize" mean to you?  As usual, showing
actual actions with their actual results (error messages, LED
indicators, ...) can be more helpful than vague descriptions or
interpretations.

Hi @antinode ,

My Windows 10 PC not detect the DM200.

See you.

Message 5 of 14
antinode
Guru

> My Windows 10 PC not detect the DM200.

Still no useful information.  What, exactly, are you doing?  What,
exactly, happens when you do it?

Are you using some web browser on your "My Windows 10 PC"?  Which URL
are you giving it?  THEN WHAT HAPPENS?

Message 6 of 14
schumaku
Guru

The Windows 10 Network Interface - IPv4 Stack is configured to get IP address and DNS automatically?

Some captive portal is supposed to come up, if Edge is the default browser and there is older firmware in place (before 1.0.0.56 or the like), some controls might be missing and you have to copy the URL to an alternate browser like Chrome or Firefox.

DM200 default - captive portal and 192.168.5.1 IPv4 with DHCP.PNG

Does it get an IP address like 192.168.5.x assigned from the router which does default to 192.168.5.1?

Win 10 Ethernet Interface DHCP Mode.PNG

Potentially worth a note: The DM200 LAN port speed is Fast Ethernet, just in case you have forced the interface to be Gigabit somehow (what should not be possible)

Message 7 of 14
xavierng
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

The Windows 10 Network Interface - IPv4 Stack is configured to get IP address and DNS automatically?

Some captive portal is supposed to come up, if Edge is the default browser and there is older firmware in place (before 1.0.0.56 or the like), some controls might be missing and you have to copy the URL to an alternate browser like Chrome or Firefox.

DM200 default - captive portal and 192.168.5.1 IPv4 with DHCP.PNG

Does it get an IP address like 192.168.5.x assigned from the router which does default to 192.168.5.1?

Win 10 Ethernet Interface DHCP Mode.PNG

Potentially worth a note: The DM200 LAN port speed is Fast Ethernet, just in case you have forced the interface to be Gigabit somehow (what should not be possible)

Hi @schumaku ,

I don't know if my Windows 10 Network Interface - IPv4 Stack is configured to get IP address and DNS automatically.

How can I check it ?

Thanks, See you.

Message 8 of 14
xavierng
Aspirant

@antinode wrote:

> My Windows 10 PC not detect the DM200.

Still no useful information.  What, exactly, are you doing?  What,
exactly, happens when you do it?

Are you using some web browser on your "My Windows 10 PC"?  Which URL
are you giving it?  THEN WHAT HAPPENS?

Hi @antinode ,

I try to set up the DM200.

Thanks, see you.

Message 9 of 14
schumaku
Guru

@xavierng wrote:

@schumaku wrote:

I don't know if my Windows 10 Network Interface - IPv4 Stack is configured to get IP address and DNS automatically. How can I check it ?

See the above screenshot (intentionally added the in-line photo as an attachment, too as this does become visible immediately).

Open the Control Panel -> All control Panel Items -> Network and Internet -> Network Connections. Right click on what looks like an Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet port on your PC and go for Properties. Then find Internet Protocol Version IPv4 - select and use the new [Properties] button.

Message 10 of 14
xavierng
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

@xavierng wrote:

@schumaku wrote:

I don't know if my Windows 10 Network Interface - IPv4 Stack is configured to get IP address and DNS automatically. How can I check it ?

See the above screenshot (intentionally added the in-line photo as an attachment, too as this does become visible immediately).

Open the Control Panel -> All control Panel Items -> Network and Internet -> Network Connections. Right click on what looks like an Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet port on your PC and go for Properties. Then find Internet Protocol Version IPv4 - select and use the new [Properties] button.

Hi @schumaku ,

What above screenshot  ?

Thanks, see you.Captura de 2018-09-13 20-49-43.pngCaptura de 2018-09-13 20-48-59.png

Message 11 of 14
schumaku
Guru

There is one screenshot as an attachment in the right pane of my reply. 

I'm aware Netgear does still not trust users helping users, even with thousands of posts, hundreds of likes and accepted solutions - they still force our replies with in-line photos to be moderated. @ChristineT again please...

Message 12 of 14
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Sorry about that Schumaku the all pictures should be approved now.

DarrenM

Message 13 of 14
schumaku
Guru

No problem, I wish the Netgear product managers, product engineers, and the ODM developers would be as communicative as you are.

Crazy enough that everyone can add attachments (unchecked), while Netgears good friends with hundreds of postings are still under mandatory supervision when it comes to in-line/embedded media.
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7