Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless Gateway losing download speed

jm5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wireless Gateway losing download speed

I have 30M download speed service from Comcast.  My Cable Router is only 4 months old.  For the last couple of weeks, I've tested my download speed at around 3M.  I've power-cycled my Cable Modem twice, and afterward my download speed bounces back to 30M, but only temporarily.  I'm wondering if this is because of Covid, and everyone is online; which is bogging down the Comcast network.  Or is something possibly wrong with my Cable/Modem/Router?

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Wireless Gateway losing download speed

Take a screen snip of your modem's connetion page and post it here.  It shows the connection back to your isp. I'll link to an example of what I'm looking for.

What speeds do you get hardwired into the C6300?

Any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in the coax line? if so remove them

Preferably, move the C6300 to right where the coax enters the home. this prevents wiring within the home from being the issue. 

Message 2 of 4
jm5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not understanding your png diagram.  If it is a connection issue, still wondering why I would get full speed after power-cycling my cable modem router

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@jm5 wrote:

Not understanding your png diagram.  If it is a connection issue, still wondering why I would get full speed after power-cycling my cable modem router

Ok, so don't attach it. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7