Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless cable modem gateway CG814GCMR

Derrick1
Follower

Wireless cable modem gateway CG814GCMR

Hello, I am having lots of problems and I dont know where to put this post because I saw no where to put this one..

1. I need to update my firmware and I cannot find one at all for this, also there is no maintenance tab when I go to the routers site to update a firmware.

2. I am trying to play my Xbox but when I get into a game I get disconnected immedately (Halo 2)

3. How do I disable the SPI firewall on this gateway, there is no WAN tab.

All help appreciated
Message 1 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Wireless cable modem gateway CG814GCMR

WRONG AREA

MOVIN TO Super-G (108 Mbps) & 802.11g (54 Mbps) Routers

This unit is ISP specific and if firmware is available, it needs to come from ISP. NO firmware from netgear is available

ask ISP on user/pass.

SEARCH the your model and you will find other issues and setups
Message 2 of 10
Immortalis
Aspirant

I have the same model and same problem. I get disconnected from my games immediately after joining even though I'm still online, and I can't find any firmware updates for this model. I never had this problems when I owned a Linksys.
Message 3 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WiredRouters/CG814CCR.aspx?detail=Specifications

this commercial device (isp specific) so firmware must come from them I believe.
Message 4 of 10
DJTommy
Aspirant

I have the same model CG814GCMR it is a docsis 2.0
My question is my ISP has updated the firmware to something else
and it is listed as a docsis 3.0 Could this be the reason why
I keep geting kicked from some games when online no mater
if i have the game open on my desktop which is hardwired to the modem
then I open the same program on my wireless laptop and it kicks me out
and I have to reboot the computers for them to work right again.....

If it is the firmware they have installed then what firmware should they be useing ?
Message 5 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Read prior post.

These units are ISP branded unit.. Contact ISP for any issues. As ISP branded unit you have not control on what firmware you can/can't use
Message 6 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This device from what I tell is a Docsis 1.1 and has reached EOL status. Anyone using this ISP Provided device needs to contact their ISP.

Firmware cannot make this a Docsis 3 or even Docsis 2 compliant modem. The manual has a date of 2002
Message 7 of 10
DJTommy
Aspirant

jmizoguchi,

Yea the ISP told me to contact netgear cause everything is fine on their end so they say
but I think since they have firmware installed on it that says docsis 3.0 that it is the wrong firmware and it is messing with a few programs that before I got this modem worked fine together
Message 8 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If this is a ISP device then they need to support it. Call them back ask for supervisor. You'll find NO SUPPORT for it here. Check you statement see if it's listed as customer owned or if you're paying a monthly rental fee.
Message 9 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Yea the ISP told me to contact netgear cause everything is fine on their end so they say but I think since they have firmware installed on it that says docsis 3.0

DOCSIS3.0 is not firmware.
Here is some you can learn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOCSIS

that it is the wrong firmware and it is messing with a few programs that before I got this modem worked fine together

ISP can push the firmware so that is what happen. This is old unit so possible you need to get your unit replace to more updates unit. .I would consult your ISP for upgrade
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7