Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XBox One issues, QoS Settings for C6300?

blaketheposer
Follower

XBox One issues, QoS Settings for C6300?

I am getting very poor download speeds on my Xbox One, but amazing speeds on all of my other connected devices.

From every other device, wired or wireless, from most areas of my apartment, I'm getting d/l speeds of about 165Mbps. From the Xbox, however, it's showing about 24Mbps.

I've tested all of my wireless devices from right next to the Xbox to try to eliminate blockages (walls, doors, etc.) as a possible reason for the issue, but all of the devices get 165 even when I'm right next to the XBox.

The XBox is connected to my 5GHz network. My logic here is that it is close enough to the router to where it should be able to get the signal unblocked.

I've been unable to find solutions from the XBox side of things, so I figured I'd look at it from the router side of things. I wanted to take a look at my QoS settings in the Genie to see if perhaps my Xbox has a low priority, but then I discovered that there is no QoS setting in the Genie for my router.

I'm out of ideas. Help!

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: XBox One issues, QoS Settings for C6300?

Hello blaketheposer

Is it the same slow speeds using the xbox wireless and wired?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XBox One issues, QoS Settings for C6300?

How far away is the xbox from the router while connected on 5Ghz.

It's recommended to use CAT6 LAN cable connections for game consoles for best gaming performances.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7