Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR 500 Security Question

padraig81
Follower

XR 500 Security Question

Hi guys, I never put in answers to security questions on my router, but on logging in I was hit with them anyway.  With no answer I can't put them in or leave them blank so I'm stuck in a loop.  On a bit of google research I was told to press the reset button for 30 seconds and this did reset the router password to default getting me excited, so I gladly logged in and boom... imaingary security question pops again.  I have no answers to these, restoring factory settings keeps them there and I have no way to get in to my routerlogin.

This is kind of infuriating, anyone got any solutions.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: XR 500 Security Question

I've seen the loop happen when someones entering a password that doesn't meet the requirements. 

Are you hitting all 4 requirements?

Have you tried a different pc/browser?

Message 2 of 4
challma
Aspirant

Even after factory reset I keep getting the same security questions but my answers are not accepted. Whats nex?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk Gaming Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH gaming router products . Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@challma wrote:

Even after factory reset I keep getting the same security questions but my answers are not accepted. Whats nex?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7