Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xfinity -- CM1000 Compatibility?

asimpson23
Aspirant

Xfinity -- CM1000 Compatibility?

I just received the following notice from Xfinity:

You recently upgraded your Xfinity Internet speed, and as a result, your internet equipment can't keep up with the latest speeds available to you. It's time to update your internet equipment so you can enjoy the faster speeds you deserve. With faster download speeds, you will have a better experience as you work, learn, and stream from home.

To get the most out of your internet service, you need to replace your current internet equipment with a compatible device that supports the speeds available to you in your plan. Click below to find compatible devices you can purchase.

I wondered if it's really necessary to upgrade the router. It works fine as far as I can tell. I mean, we have problems every once in a while but nothing obviously router-related. I am find with getting 927Mb speed, instead of Gb speed, as long as it's not causing other problems.

Screenshot of what it says in my account is attached.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: Xfinity -- CM1000 Compatibility?

@asimpson23 wrote:

You recently upgraded your Xfinity Internet speed, and as a result, your internet equipment can't keep up with the latest speeds available to you. It's time to update your internet equipment so you can enjoy the faster speeds you deserve. With faster download speeds, you will have a better experience as you work, learn, and stream from home.

To get the most out of your internet service, you need to replace your current internet equipment with a compatible device that supports the speeds available to you in your plan. Click below to find compatible devices you can purchase.

I wondered if it's really necessary to upgrade the router. It works fine as far as I can tell. I mean, we have problems every once in a while but nothing obviously router-related. I am find with getting 927Mb speed, instead of Gb speed, as long as it's not causing other problems.

Thanks

Do not let your mind or your checkbook become a victim of the hype.  Most likely the devices on your local area network connect via 1 Gbps Ethernet or Wi-Fi.  Comcast just wants to enhance the revenue stream from their gateway rental segment.

Your DOCSIS 3.1 modem will provide you with ample throughput capacity for many years.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

@asimpson23 wrote:

Thanks

Do not let your mind or your checkbook become a victim of the hype.  Most likely the devices on your local area network connect via 1 Gbps Ethernet or Wi-Fi.  Comcast just wants to enhance the revenue stream from their gateway rental segment.

Your DOCSIS 3.1 modem will provide you with ample throughput capacity for many years.

Message 2 of 3
asimpson23
Aspirant

Thanks -- that's what I figured.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements