Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xfinity Gigabit & CM1000

sherri1963
Star

Xfinity Gigabit & CM1000

Having an exact same issue as discussed in other "Xfinity" threads.  Reason I'm opening this one is because Xfinity/Comcast refuses to do anything for my purchased CM1000 and it's "line issues" that are directly related to signal strength!

According to them, even though my line at street (+5), becoming a (-2) at the house, requiring an amplifier just to get DVR working (& only in living room, signal strength not good enough to have DVR upstairs) & signal being -5 in upstairs office where modem is "is within their acceptable range"...

Even though only one of the OFDM channels is locked in & none of the OFDMA are, leaving 31 of the 32 bonded channels locked in & only 4 of the 8 upload bonded locked... leaving me with at best 60mbps-120mbps at best on a Gigabit service?!!!

Strange thing is, when I just told them I wanted the Xfi gateway, without even having to call them another tech was at the door in 10 minutes and has spend an hour up at the "tap" working & sometime later today they will return to finish & install their gateway!!!

How much does anyone want to bet if it pulls 900+mbps, I will be able to switch back to the CM1000 & Asus RT-AC3100 then?!!!

Will post later, just wanted others to realize its best to allow them install their equipment 1st, get it working then switch!

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
sherri1963
Star

Re: Xfinity Gigabit & CM1000

I think the main problem in getting my gigabit install done correctly from the getgo is definitely on Xfinity's shoulders.  First guy to come out (this was channel upgrade including internet install) was for internet install only & I wasn't even aware of this until he had finished replacing AT&T's run up to second story office for the old U-Verse 5268ac, with his cable & he was ready to take off without even letting me check to see if I could pull a web page!!!

It was that night when contacting them about the tv's c.s. acted if he was actually supposed to install, so I opted to go get boxes from a Xfinity store nearby next day & they scheduled another install in case the boxes didn't work.  They didn't.  The next installer was as obnoxious as could be, and just like 1st tech refused to touch or check internet because of my owning the modem.  He was the one that installed an amplifier claiming the DVR needed it, & even with the amplifier could not be put upstairs because of signal weakness.

The 4th & final tech (3rd one was sent with w/o that stated just another line install not gigabit) actually knew to go in splitter box on back of house, isolate & check each line AFTER checking tap at street & the new run's signal at it's end!  He found the tv downstairs in living room (DVR) was on IT'S OWN LINE that was the culprit producing 40 in noise strength!!!  Line going to upstairs tv was fine and it was the single, short line that was putting the "lighter fluid" to the whole situation!!!

My apologies in how this thread is laid out.  My first posting & just getting my replies back up as good as I know how.

I do believe my 979mbps is the fastest I've encountered while reading about other people's problems getting Xfinity to get a CM1000 right though.......  I'm getting about 350mbps right now on this laptop (Asus TP510UA) 2 floors down in my little office off garage, wireless!

I'm happy...... :-)~

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, please, let us know how it turns out. Be interested to know how it goes. 

Message 2 of 10
sherri1963
Star

Their having to come back tomorrow, I hope.  Seems what was acceptible for me & my modem just won't work, yet, for theirs....

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
sherri1963
Star

Message 5 of 10
sherri1963
Star

First pic I uploaded was off the CM1000 directly....

This one is off LAN port coming out of my Asus RT-AC3100.  With Trend Micro's settings all on & QoS set to "(Adaptive)/fq_codel/& Cable DocSIS/with Media Streaming chosen...

Missed snapping screen on 1st run off the CM1000 when it hit 1.1gbps+!!!!

They finally sent out a tech (gigabit on w/o) that knew what he was doing & found simple things the others not only did not attempt to figure out but said blah blah blah your within limits to not be our worry... sad.

Message 6 of 10
sherri1963
Star

I think the main problem in getting my gigabit install done correctly from the getgo is definitely on Xfinity's shoulders.  First guy to come out (this was channel upgrade including internet install) was for internet install only & I wasn't even aware of this until he had finished replacing AT&T's run up to second story office for the old U-Verse 5268ac, with his cable & he was ready to take off without even letting me check to see if I could pull a web page!!!

It was that night when contacting them about the tv's c.s. acted if he was actually supposed to install, so I opted to go get boxes from a Xfinity store nearby next day & they scheduled another install in case the boxes didn't work.  They didn't.  The next installer was as obnoxious as could be, and just like 1st tech refused to touch or check internet because of my owning the modem.  He was the one that installed an amplifier claiming the DVR needed it, & even with the amplifier could not be put upstairs because of signal weakness.

The 4th & final tech (3rd one was sent with w/o that stated just another line install not gigabit) actually knew to go in splitter box on back of house, isolate & check each line AFTER checking tap at street & the new run's signal at it's end!  He found the tv downstairs in living room (DVR) was on IT'S OWN LINE that was the culprit producing 40 in noise strength!!!  Line going to upstairs tv was fine and it was the single, short line that was putting the "lighter fluid" to the whole situation!!!

My apologies in how this thread is laid out.  My first posting & just getting my replies back up as good as I know how.

I do believe my 979mbps is the fastest I've encountered while reading about other people's problems getting Xfinity to get a CM1000 right though.......  I'm getting about 350mbps right now on this laptop (Asus TP510UA) 2 floors down in my little office off garage, wireless!

I'm happy...... :-)~

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya sounds like a mess with the ISP services. 

Make sure you speed test with a wired PC connect at the modem then the Router. 

Glad you are happy now. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
sherri1963
Star

Def, taking Asus notebook in getting a decent gigabyte wireless card if I can find one at reasonable price. But averaging 150mbps, 1 floor away from router to 350mbps all the way down in garage & the yard (flip 15", doubles as tablet) was worth the $$$ & hassle 😛
So far...
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos