Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xfinity said activation not work because netgear needs to unlock the modem?

123evhte
Follower

Xfinity said activation not work because netgear needs to unlock the modem?

I bought a new NETGEAR cm1150v modem and I setup it up correctly with the all the lights on and green. When I called to activate the modem with xfinity they said they couldn't finish activation and said they were almost there, but something was wrong. Xfinity said to contact netgear to unlock the modem. 

I have tried everything like resetting the modem and the 30-30-30 second reset, but xfinity said they can't activate and should contact netgear.

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Xfinity said activation not work because netgear needs to unlock the modem?

Modems don't come locked or any kind of restrictions. The ISP have the duty to get them activated with the MAC address given from the modem. Nothing else. Only item maybe that the modem could be faulty or bad. 

I would contact NG support to check on this. 

@olympos1625 

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Xfinity said activation not work because netgear needs to unlock the modem?

I'd move the modem to right where the coax enters the home. Make sure there's no splitters, attenuators, amplifiers in line. Just direct connect it. Then try using the auto-activate through xfinity. I've had to run it a couple times to get it to work properly. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24939/NETGEAR-Cable-Modem-Router-Online-Activation-with-Comcast-Xfinity-servi...

@FURRYe38 is correct in "there isn't anything to unlock"

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7