Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: bad customer service agent

Celavaaller
Initiate

bad customer service agent

I called Netgear support to try to get my c300 fixed. It shows all lights solid but all of a sudden has no internet access. I called my ISP, shows a good connection. I checked with routerlogin.net, shows strong internet signal, shows my connected devices, but NONE of my connected devices stay connected to the internet for long. They ALL will be connected for a while, maybe even two hours if I'm lucky, then ALL at the SAME TIME say "connected, but no internet connection" several times a day, at ramdom, sometimes every five minutes. I have to get up and turn off router and trun it back on, wait for all the lights to go solid, then restart all of my devices. Now, for the last week, it will say that the devices are connected and internet is strong connection but devices show no internet, then either the upstream or downstream light flashes and even restarting it, I can't get my devices on the internet for hours.
So I called netgear support and the very accented agent who said his name is "Dominic" said he has to first register my product. He asked when I bought it, I said June or July but I never got my reciept from Walmart cashier. HE picked June, and asked if it was the first 2 weeks or last 2 weeks and HE picked 26th. Then turned around and said it's out of its 90 days (if he had said July, it wouldn't be.) I called my husband because I remebered we had to go to the ER with our daughter later that day and it was JULY 29th!! So if it werent for the support agent, we would be covered. He refused to help me, wouldn't even listen to my problem or suggest something to try myself, blamed my ISP and told me my ISP has to fix it, AND then he gave me a bogus case number, I had him read it several times and I read it to him twice. Yet when I tried to call again, the case number cant be found. I AM NOT PAYING MY HARD EARNED MONEY BECAUSE SOME CRAPPY TECH SUPPORT GUY PUT MY PURCHASE DATE A MONTH EARLY TO TRY TO FORCE ME TO PAY!! I want this fixed, Netgear, so I can actually use the internet I pay each month for.
Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
Celavaaller
Initiate

Update: It's happening again. It says on routerlogin.net "your modem is offline" but all lights on the unit are on and solid. I do not have a laptop or desktop to try to fix this myself, and I can't afford to buy a tech support plan - which I believe is ridiculous that a company would even charge people to get help or advice on its products that customers already paid for! Getting more and more upset with Netgear, the longer they take to answer. NEVER BUYING NETGEAR AGAIN if Netgear doesn't care about their customers.
Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Celavaaller

I have sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies