Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

blinking amber ethernet light

Schweini
Aspirant

blinking amber ethernet light

This is my second modem from netgear and this is the second dead modem. Both modems have the same problem occuring, the moment i buy them they are fine then around 2 months later they start doing this. Now, i know its not my cables because they work fine with 3 different routers and it cant be xfinity becuase they have came here 4 times already and have said the issue is on my side. I've had another modem from arris and that works fine with both of the coax and ethernet cables. I have xfinity blast meaning 500 mbs+ download 20 up. Yes i know my modem is stuck on 100mbs channel im trying to see if theres a fix for it software if not hardware.

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: blinking amber ethernet light

Be sure your using good quality LAN cables, CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the Mfr of the host router thats connected to the modem? 

Message 2 of 11
Schweini
Aspirant

I have a google onhub and a R6400v2. Both on new cat6. I've switched between both routers many times and they have the same problems. Even a direct connection to my pc form the modem causes the same issue.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Looking at the user manual on the CM modem to check LED behaviors: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/CM700/CM700_UM_EN.pdf

Ethernet

• Green. A powered-on device is connected to the Ethernet port at 1000 Mbps.
• Amber. A powered-on device is connected to the Ethernet port at 10/100 Mbps. <<<<<
• Blinking green or amber. The Ethernet port is processing traffic. <<<<<
• Off. No device is connected to the Ethernet port.

Message 4 of 11
Schweini
Aspirant

Yes i know all of this already, i've done some research already. I was just having one last glimpse of hope for this modem to actually start being useful again. But i guess not, thank you anyways.

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Other than this, is the CM modem working? 

Message 6 of 11
Schweini
Aspirant

Yeah it works, i just bought a new cat 6 cable today and plugged both router and modem and it greenlit but speeds were still very low so I reset but now it wont go back to green light again. So now i know that it can even switch back to that channel, but I havent pinpointed the circumstances in which it does.

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Unplug the power from the modem and leave off for 2 minutes? 

Message 8 of 11
Schweini
Aspirant

I tried that and tried the correct boot sequence. I figured that it seemingly randomly turns green when i replug and unplug the router-side ethernet port. But then the modem doesn't transmit internet but the lights show that it is connected and green with it flashing showing signs of data being passed through.

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Not sure what else to do on this. Try a different model CM modem, like a 1100 and see if it does same. 

Contact NG support and let them know what your seeing on this. Odd that two same model modems are doing this at your location. 

@DarrenM 

Message 10 of 11
Schweini
Aspirant

And have the chance of getting another netgear item that just doesnt work and waste more of my money on it? lol

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7