Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

blocking app access on N450 CG3000Dv2

husam
Aspirant

blocking app access on N450 CG3000Dv2

hi,

from the admin console on my N450 (using with Time Warner Cable) i can enter domain or keyword blocks, and they work fine on my windows PCs.  but anything running an app (Android phones and tablets, iOS iphones and ipad) is able to completely bypass it.  and thats even with cellular data shut off, so i know its getting through the Netgear router over wifi.

i don't want to MAC filter the devices and totally disable them - i basically want my kids to be able to access school resources (google drive, dictionary, wikipedia) but not have access to youtube and other distractions.

Does anyone know if blocking access via apps is even possible?  And if it is, how do i do it?

thanks!

keywords: ipad, android, iOS, time warner, N450, CG3000Dv2

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: blocking app access on N450 CG3000Dv2

Hello husam

I don't believe there is a way to block apps from working threw the router but I do see there are apps on the Apple and android markets that are parental controls that can be installed and some let you set them from your own device. I do not have any recommendations on which one to use never tried them before but you may want to look into it.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7