Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: c6250 modem router telnetenable

MathMXC
Aspirant

c6250 modem router telnetenable

I am trying to connect to my c6250 router using telnet. I have followed all of the steps listed on github as well as on open wrt. I did not see my router on the list of known devices so I assumed that was the reason but then I found this link that shows a person connecting to a r6250 router through telnet. I am also assuming that the c6250 is just the r6250 but with a modem included. Here is the command I used to try to enable telnet 

telnetenable 192.168.0.1 B0B98ADD2122 admin password

This command says  that it completed successfully but when I telnet in I get connection timed out. It is the correct ip,mac,username, and password. Please let me know what I am doing wrong and if it is even possible with my modem.

Also I did see this post about telnet and r6250 but they never give an answer and only talk about serial communications. 

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

that script does not work C6250.

they are locked up for security reasons. 

Message 2 of 4
MathMXC
Aspirant

I thought that the c6250 had the exact same router portition as the r6250. Am I wrong? Also is there any way to bypass those security restrictions?

Message 3 of 4
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

no, C6250 is a combined chipset for Cable and Router.

there is no way for customers to bypass restrictions.

also, you wont find those settings even if you telnet since C6250 does not run Linux for Cable/Gateway portion. so you wont have anything to tinker there

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7