Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

c6300 cable modem router. Internet seems to be active but Wifi won't connect

mae1971
Follower

c6300 cable modem router. Internet seems to be active but Wifi won't connect

My C6300 cable modem router has been working fine for the last 3 months and all of a sudden I dont have wireless connection. 

I have turn it on and off and spoke to comcast and my internet connection seems to be fine. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

thanks

Message 1 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: c6300 cable modem router. Internet seems to be active but Wifi won't connect

@mae1971

Have you seen this problem multiple times?

If yes, please let us know.

Message 2 of 6
davidcslocum
Aspirant

Re: c6300 cable modem router. Internet seems to be active but Wifi won't connect

same problem with mine, multiple times

Message 3 of 6
GreggerGear
Aspirant

This happened to us recently too.  I attribute it to our laptop that we upgraded to Windows 10.  It would simply shut off the radios in our C6300 after it connected, even though all LEDs were still on.  Other devices lost WIFI as a result.  We rolled back to Windows 8.1 on the laptop and now all works well.  

Message 4 of 6
dlwintl
Aspirant

Installed C6300 couple days ago and seems to be functioning ok, except wifi drops connectivity several times a day.  Netgear support had me change channel on 2.4 and it worked for several hours but dropped again.  So far, I've had to reboot C6300 each time to get wifi to work again.  Ethernet and all other functions seems to be okay.  On TWC so not sure if any relation to isp, but I don't think so since everything else seems to be working.  Does anyone have idea how to resolve?

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello dlwintl

I would go back to your case you started with support in case there is some issue with the modems wifi they would be the ones that could replace the modem if needed.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7