Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

c6300 port forward not working

samrash
Follower

c6300 port forward not working

I had old cable modem and my router had supposedly given up, so I bought netgear c6300 cable modem and router. I have done the port foward setup similar to how I had in the past, but it is not working. canyouseeme.org shows that the required ports are open but when i go to public IP, it still takes me to netgear router page. I searched the support forum and I see that many members are having similar issue. I also worked with chat support of netgear and they made me do some changes in wan setup and that has yielded zero success.

Netgear - Can you pl. own this problem and at least tell us that its not working, so I can find alternatives

Message 1 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: c6300 port forward not working

Hello Samrash

Yes this is a know issue with the c6300 and a new firmware is in place to fix it but with cable modems the firmware is pushed out by the ISP when they are ready to deploy it they make changes to the firmware after we send it to them and then release it. I have no ETA when the next firmware will be.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25477

DarrenM

Message 2 of 19
ehanna
Initiate

I have Firmware Version V1.02.19 and it says that is the latest version for TWC but mine still doesn't work.  Are we expecting a newer version?

Message 3 of 19
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@samrash

who is your ISP?

----

Netgear

Message 4 of 19
johngoad1
Initiate

Hi,

I am experiencing the exact same issue, firmware version 1.02.19 on Time Warner Cable and ports will no longer open! Went through Netgear tech support and they were no help. Did you figure out how to fix?

Message 5 of 19
johngoad1
Initiate

Follow up, I just contacted TWC and they told me it was an issue with Netgear. I am very disappointed with the lack of customer service from both companies. I will not purchase from Netgear in the future.

Message 6 of 19
ezepp
Aspirant

I just bought one of these under the assumption that the port forwarding would work with TWC. is this still an issue?

Message 7 of 19
ezepp
Aspirant

Excuse me. The model # was wrong. Same question.

Message 8 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ezepp

I know TWC has released a new firmware to address this issues over the past couple weeks not sure if they have rolled it out to all areas yet but this issue should be resolved with firmware  V2.01.14

DarrenM

Message 9 of 19
tsaltzma
Aspirant

Has this issue ever been resolved?  I have a c6300 on Comcast and I am unable to get any ports to forward.

Message 10 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tsaltzma

What firmware version is shown on your modem?

DarrenM

Message 11 of 19
tsaltzma
Aspirant

Firmware version is 2.01.14.
Message 12 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tsaltzma

This issue should be fixed in this firmware are you using address reservation and then forwarding the ports? Does it allow you to enter your ports and they do not work or is it not saving the info you enter at all?

DarrenM

Message 13 of 19
tsaltzma
Aspirant

I have manually assigned an ip to each of the 2 devices I need to forward to. 192.168.0.6 and 192.168.0.22. I have forwarded all traffic for pet 25105 to .6 and 25106 to .22. I have tried other ports as well. My epson printer is at 192.168.0.32, using ports 80 and 443 and these won't forward either. The rules are in place, the router accepts them, but none work. All 3 rules worked perfect on my previous Motorola 6580. I have opened remote administration on the netgear and it does work remotely.
Message 14 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Tsaltzma

I know port 80 can not be froward on Netgear routers as it is used by the router for the HTTP server I will have to check about port 443.

DarrenM

Message 15 of 19
tsaltzma
Aspirant

Every port I have tried doesn't work except for the one the router opens to allow remote administration.

Message 16 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tsaltzma

We use port 443 for HTTPS for secure readyshare access

DarrenM

Message 17 of 19
tsaltzma
Aspirant

This problem was never resolved, and now I have another issue which I believe is due to the same problem.  I have an Insteon Hub(smart home), and I just got a new version of it.  I have hooked up the new version just as I did with the old, and it starts to setup the hub but always fails.  The new one is supposed to automatically setup port forwarding by itself, but if port forwarding is not working on my netgear, this will not do anything.  I could use a little help here.  Any more ideas, or should I just junk this cable modem I just bought and switch to another company?

Message 18 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tsaltzma 

Have you tried to manually enter in the port forwarding for the Insteon Hub?  Also have you done a factory reset on the c6300 and then try to port forward again?

DarrenM

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7