Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

c6300 wifi problems

Mani
Aspirant

c6300 wifi problems

Hello there,

I got the C6300 in May and I'm starting to have problems with the wifi connection. The internet speed is very slow using Wifi and I can only connect to the 2.4Ghz Wifi connection. 

And here is the weird thing. When I go to the GUI of the modem I see both Wifi Radios ON (2.4 and 5 Ghz) but on my laptops/computers I only detect the 2.4Ghz one. Then, on the router the LED of 2.4 Ghz is OFF and the 5 Ghz LED is ON... which doesn't make any sense since it should be the opposite. Also, I have tried to connect my printer using WPS and it couldn't detect the router.

The Firmware version is: V1.02.19

Please, let me know what can I do to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: c6300 wifi problems

Hello Mani

Have you tried a factory reset to see if the 5Ghz will come back on? also you may want to contact your cable provder and talk to there tech support make sure everything looks good on there side because I know sometimes they have to enter a wifi code into there billing system to send a signal to the modem to allow the wifi to work properly. Hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
jcarlos611
Aspirant

The connections with cable co. Its ok. Still no WiFi signal. They told me to contact you for support.
Message 3 of 6
jcarlos611
Aspirant

Still no WiFi signal. What do you sugest. The cable co. Told me to ask you
Message 4 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jcarlos611,

Please make sure that the wireless radio of the device is enabled. You can follow the steps on the user manual found on page 58. The link for the manual can be found below.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/C6300/C6300_UM_15oct14.pdf

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 6
Mani
Aspirant

In my case, I had to replace the router. I spent more than two hours on the online chat with a TWC technician and another one with a NetGear tech... Tried everything, neither could find a solution.

Luckily, the router was still under warranty. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7