Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: c7000 firmware update question

corvairbob
Tutor

c7000 firmware update question

i just got this c7000 modem router. the book calls it a c7000 on the cover and on page 8 it calls it a c7000v2. the firmware veriosn is v1.01.33  so does that tell me thisis a v1 or v2 unit for one thing and can i update it for another if an update is available? when i was setting it up the tech from comcast did not say if there was an update, and i fgure they will not tell me anyway so they do not have to do  more then they have to do. thanks

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
corvairbob
Tutor

so i stand corrected i just found one on ebay that shows it to be a v2 on the device.  so mine must then be a v1. lets hope it turns out to be a good unit. thanks   for that help. maybe it will get an update if it has one coming.  i still hope it starts getting a bit faster. but if not it is what is is. thanks for this

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] the book [...]

_Which_ "the book"?

What's printed on the product label?  Look for "Model:".

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your (actual) model number,
and look for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Look for
"label".  "C7000" = "C7000v1".

> [...] can i update it [...]

On a DOCSIS cable modem(+router), you can't; only your ISP can.

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375

Message 2 of 4
corvairbob
Tutor

so did i not say that. the cover of the book says c7000 inside the book on page 6 it says c7000v2  seems to me this is a bit confusing, the same instruction has 2 different statements. the device has c7000. but i have yet to see on listed as a c7000v2 on the label when they show the infor for these on ebay or amazon. thanks

Message 3 of 4
corvairbob
Tutor

so i stand corrected i just found one on ebay that shows it to be a v2 on the device.  so mine must then be a v1. lets hope it turns out to be a good unit. thanks   for that help. maybe it will get an update if it has one coming.  i still hope it starts getting a bit faster. but if not it is what is is. thanks for this

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7