Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: c7000v2 Dropping Wireless & Wired Connection

skoink2k
Follower

c7000v2 Dropping Wireless & Wired Connection

Over the last couple weeks, my c7000v2 wireless router has been randomly dropping both wireless and wired internet connections.  Comcast has been out twice and indicates everything is fine on their end.  I called NetGear product support but they wanted to charge me $89 to address the issue which, after reading through some of the threads, may still not even fix the issue.  I've tried channel changes, MUP changes, restarts, reboots, using only 5Ghz etc. and the problem persists.  Can anyone provide additional suggestions?  

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are you able to post your power levels and the modems logs it may give us an Idea of what's happening?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
theracereviewer
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ensure there are no coax cable line splitters in between the modem and ISP service box. 

Ensure you using good quality RG6 coax cable between the modem and ISP service box. 

Contact the ISP and have them check the signal line and quality up to the modem and check there logs for any disconnections on your line. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@theracereviewer wrote:

I'm experiencing the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7