Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: c7000v2 Firmware

BobGear
Star

c7000v2 Firmware

Looking to download the latest firmware for my Netgear modem.

It is a c7000v2 (AC1900).

I do not find it availbale on the website, via the modem UI, or the Netgear Genie app.

Useful help is appreciated.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
BobGear
Star

This hardware had potentional.  However the lack up firmware upgrade tools killed it.  Sold this junk off on eBay. Goodbye netgear.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Combo devices need to be updated by the ISP. End users can't update them. 

Here's the list of current firmware version by ISP. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

Message 2 of 14
BobGear
Star

Still looking to download the latest firmware for my Netgear modem....

Message 3 of 14
plemans
Guru

what version are you on?

Message 4 of 14
BobGear
Star

V1.02.04.

ISP is RCN. I bought it on their recomment, but doubtful they will waste time updating the firmware remotely.  Aytime there is an issue they just point fingers at the non-RCN provided gear.  So, a firmware upgrade is a good box to check-off on the resolution list.

If an ISP can upgrade it, then so can we.  Just need the right tools/software....

Message 5 of 14
plemans
Guru

It's a nice thought but doesn't work. The ISP pushes the firmware when they provision your device. They can contact netgear to get the newest firmware but it has to come fron them.
Message 6 of 14
alexnews
Tutor

v1.02.14

But thinking to change on something better. Because, you can't control your network. With previous router, I can make access by the hours, watch what is going on in my network, this one is really SUX. I don't think will by again Netgear. Any ideas what to buy to really control my network?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 7 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Bridge your C7000 modem and connect up a external wifi router that has the features that you need. 

@alexnews wrote:

v1.02.14

But thinking to change on something better. Because, you can't control your network. With previous router, I can make access by the hours, watch what is going on in my network, this one is really SUX. I don't think will by again Netgear. Any ideas what to buy to really control my network?

Message 8 of 14
BobGear
Star

This hardware had potentional.  However the lack up firmware upgrade tools killed it.  Sold this junk off on eBay. Goodbye netgear.

Message 9 of 14
plemans
Guru

I think you'll find that any of the combo devices you buy are going to have the firmware controlled by the ISP. Good luck with your next device!

Message 10 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

ALL Cable modem or modem gateways with built in routers are all controlled by ISPs. Regarless of Mfr. 

Good Luck in your endeavours. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 14
alexnews
Tutor

You are not right, I'm controlling my device, because it is the option to use your own device and get 10$ off per month. But, as a normal person I love all in one device, don't have space to buy new Router and attach to this one.

Message 12 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Users have access to the modems web page which is user controllable, thats it. However FW updates are controlled BY ISPs only. NG develops the code, then hands off to ISPs to test and certifiy for use on there network before THEY push out to modems. 

Good Luck. 

@alexnews wrote:

You are not right, I'm controlling my device, because it is the option to use your own device and get 10$ off per month. But, as a normal person I love all in one device, don't have space to buy new Router and attach to this one.

Message 13 of 14
alexnews
Tutor

@BobGear wrote:

What did you buy? I want control my network, and don't want 10 different devices on the table.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7