Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: c7000v2 refurbished

Eskolo
Aspirant

c7000v2 refurbished

In January 2021 I bought a brand new cable modem router from netgear.com. 05/2021 my unit went out so I had it replaced since it was still under warranty. I didn't considering asking if the replacement unit would be new or refurbished because I bought it brand new & thought that's what I would get in return, Netgear decides to send me a refurbished unit as a replacement. Now i feel cheated because i spent money on a new modem directly from the manufacturer along with a warranty I also spent money on only for them to turn around and send me someone else's old crap no matter if it's certified refurbished or not. Am I wrong for expecting a brand new unit to replace my brand new unit? 

I just received the replacement on 05/08/2021 and I have an open case about it so I'm waiting to hear what they tell me whenever they decide to respond. I just want to hear someone else's thoughts about this situation.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

> [...] Am I wrong for expecting a brand new unit to replace my brand
> new unit?

Did you read the warranty?

https://www.netgear.com/about/warranty/

[...] NETGEAR will replace your product with the same or
      functionally equivalent product, at its discretion, [...]

Message 2 of 3
Eskolo
Aspirant

More or less yes you're correct. It's like the saying goes "closed mouths don't get fed". They sent me refurbished, I asked "why", now they agreed to send me a brand new one once the they recieve the damaged unit.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7