Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cm1200 modem

One9Delta
Aspirant

cm1200 modem

So I bought a new modem to handle gigablast back in Dec. and have had no issues I also want to state that I have the R7000 router(which i think the ports have gone bad but thats a different issue) and until yesterday I had no issues with the modem. Is it possible that the modem is a dud?

I have read and seen ppl posting their speeds and im no where near the same speed for gigablast. My issue is that my connections seem to just drop off and then come back up. Im a huge gamer and I notice that my ping will go from 35ms to 555+ms. Im thinking its an ISP issue but im a novice when it comes to networking.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9196049206 

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: cm1200 modem

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
One9Delta
Aspirant

If im getting lag spikes of 20ms upward to 500ms is that traffic at the modem or from the ISP? I have a warranty on the modem I just need to know if getting a new modem will solve this spikes or is it ISP related. I trying to rule out all the sources.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7