Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cm1200

gandestudios
Aspirant

cm1200

We have had continuous problems with the modem dropping internet.  we have troubleshoot with IPS and had techs out to check service.  it will work fine for a while and then start dropping internet CONTINUOUSLY.  we have not had the unit long and thought it was the IPS provider that was the problem..  my productivity is down and this has got to be fixed.  help is appreciated. 

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: cm1200

The screen shots of the cable connections page and logs help with checking line issues. 

Also, if you have any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in line, remove them. 

check the line for kinks, damage, corrosion, cheap/bad/loose connectors. 

Message 2 of 9
gandestudios
Aspirant

Thank you...

Message 3 of 9
MondoMaryland
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  ISP came out and checked the signal, reterminated the coax, and removed a splitter.  It seemed OK for a couple of days before service dropped again.  If I unplug the modem and plug it back in service is fine for a while.  When the connection is down the upload light is flashing.  Just got off the phone with Netgear and am trying a factory reset....

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What firmware version is loaded on the modem? 

Who is your ISP? 

@MondoMaryland wrote:

I am having the same problem.  ISP came out and checked the signal, reterminated the coax, and removed a splitter.  It seemed OK for a couple of days before service dropped again.  If I unplug the modem and plug it back in service is fine for a while.  When the connection is down the upload light is flashing.  Just got off the phone with Netgear and am trying a factory reset....

Message 5 of 9
MondoMaryland
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What firmware version is loaded on the modem? 

Who is your ISP? 

@MondoMaryland wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Furry,

Firmware Version V2.02.05

ISP is RCN
I tried enabling this yesterday, but still lost connection to ISP again last night and had unplug modem to reestablish.
Extended Upstream Transmit Power

Enable Extended Upstream Transmit Power

Log entries and channels are attached.

Any insight woud be appreciated.

C

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What speed UP and DOWN do you pay for? 

I'm seeing only 16 channels locked in which means that you not paying for a high speed tier like 1Gb and something slower, or your paying for 1Gb an the ISP has not ensured the modems is locking into 32 channels which some ISPs need for 1Gb speeds.

I see lots of errors on the modems logs something the ISP should look into... 

Message 7 of 9
MondoMaryland
Aspirant

Gigabit down, 20 Mb up. I am getting 965 Mb down and 25 Mb up

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What speed UP and DOWN do you pay for? 

I'm seeing only 16 channels locked in which means that you not paying for a high speed tier like 1Gb and something slower, or your paying for 1Gb an the ISP has not ensured the modems is locking into 32 channels which some ISPs need for 1Gb speeds.

I see lots of errors on the modems logs something the ISP should look into... 

with an ethernet connection to the modem.  It works great until it drops.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7