Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cm500 firmware

dromuald
Follower

cm500 firmware

I am having buffering issues when watching Netflix and Amazon. I am trying to figure out the issue. I noticed that the support site for this modem states that the appropriate firmware is V1.01.12; however when I log onto the modem it says the firmware is V1.01.05. The support site says that the ISP pushes these firmware updates. My ISP is Nulink in Newnan, GA. They insist that they do not push updates to user owned modems. I pointed out that the support site says otherwise. Can anyone tell me if this is critical to the performance of the modem or if it is not worth my effort. The internet and wifi work well most of the time, but occasionally I have issues. Rarely can I watch an entire movie without buffering or an error message. My service is 100M and using the att speed test I see that although it varies, most of the time I am getting that kind of download rate.

Could there be an issue between the ISP and Netflix or Amazon during peak usage hours?

I have rebooted and updated everything I can think of, and checked the security of the connections. I currently have a Netgear AC1750 dual band router. Thanks

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: cm500 firmware

Yes Some ISP may not push FW to user owned modems. ISP have this choice. NG doesn't provide any FW updates for users to update modems. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Check speeds with a wired PC directly connected to the modem with out the router.

This may not be a modem issue rather a issue with your wifi router. 

I recommend you post in the router forum and get help here. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7