Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

connecting to IP Address

McFarmer
Aspirant

connecting to IP Address

I am unable to connect to my IP address (192.168.0.1) but do have access to the internet.  System has been restored to factory conditions after I recently moved.  Had internet turned on today by Spectrum services, my modem was plugged in and service was 'on'.  However, as I said, I cannot connect to 192.168.0.1 in order change settings like SSID, password, etc.  Any advice is appreciated.

Model: CG3000D|DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: connecting to IP Address

your ISP has forced BRIDGE MODE on your device.  Please go to 192.168.100.1 and change it back to router mode. 

If that does not work, factory reset the device and Call the Spectrum folks to REMOVE NO-WIFI CODE from your account. They are most likely doing to force you to rent their $4.99/month WIFI router.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
McFarmer
Aspirant

also, I am only able to log on and get internet with only one of my laptops (which has ethernet connection; it also gets wifi connection with/without ethernet connection simultaneously).  my phone/smartpad/other laptop will not connect to internet but can connect without internet capability.

Message 2 of 3
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

your ISP has forced BRIDGE MODE on your device.  Please go to 192.168.100.1 and change it back to router mode. 

If that does not work, factory reset the device and Call the Spectrum folks to REMOVE NO-WIFI CODE from your account. They are most likely doing to force you to rent their $4.99/month WIFI router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7