Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

did a factory reset and now can't get on home network

sarbear
Follower

did a factory reset and now can't get on home network

We have a basic modem/router combo - N300 wifi cable modem router, model C3000 we keep in the basement. We had originally been set up on a home network that included a wifi signal booster on the 2nd floor. Recently we couln't get internet and after troubleshooting with our provider, then netgear, we were advised to do a factory reset, which we did. Our network is now the default netgear and internet IS working. However, I can still see our original home network name, but can't get internet from that network. My wifi booster is on that network, so I am unable to use that with the netgear network. I tried logging in to http://routerlogin.net, but it isn't recognizing the default login or password. I've also tried a number of login and password names we may have changed it to, but none of those are working either. Help, please!

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: did a factory reset and now can't get on home network

Your booster probably hasn't changed over. If you plug it, does the signal disappear?

If its the booster, just factory reset it (push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on, the lights should change). And then go through the setup again. 

You didn't put what booster you have but you can go to netgear.com/support/   type in the model number and it'll have install guides, videos, and manuals that can help reinstall it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7