Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

droid cell phone will not connect to wifi

jashley62134
Aspirant

droid cell phone will not connect to wifi

I just installed this 2 weeks ago.  Computer works fine on it.  A cheap cell phone from Freedompop - Motorola phone - connects to the wifi and I can call my Vonage phone here in the house with it.  It has worked from the first day of installation.

My LG Fortune phone will not connect to the wifi.  I have traded this phone in already on a warrenty claim, new phone won't work either.  So it's not the phone.  It's the router/modem.

The phone sees the wifi, I input the password and it says CONNECTED, but there are no bars at the top right and there is an X where the wifi icon is.  The phone will access the internet though.  But will not call out on the wifi.  (There is no cell signal at my house, so wifi is the only way to call out.)  When I try to call out, I get "Mobile network is unavailable."   But the phone shows it is connected to the wifi.

I'm going to unplug this netgear unit and toss it back at the store if I can't get this resolved in the next couple of days.  I have spent hours rebooting the router, resetting to factory settings, the phone being returned and waiting for the new one (which doesn't work either), on and on.

Any suggestions on how to fix this or why this is happening?

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jashley62134
Aspirant

Re: droid cell phone will not connect to wifi

After much redoing the wifi and network at home, and chatting for hours with Cricket on why this phone won't use the wifi to call out - I speak to a manager in Cricket.  She starts researching it, starts calling corporate and asking them about it all and finds out that Cricket does not support WiFi calling!!!  How could none of the support people or customer service people not know this?  The phone is capable of wifi calling, but Cricket isn't?  So pissed because the web site says wifi.  But when I said this was fraudulent advertising, the manager said "It technocally doesn't state wifi CALLING."  What a rip off.

So the phone worked fine.  Netgear worked fine.  Even the cheap, no cost cell service from Freedompop works on the wifi.  But not the Cricket phone.

Issue resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello jashley

Have you checked to see if this phone will call out on another wifi router connection?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
jashley62134
Aspirant

After much redoing the wifi and network at home, and chatting for hours with Cricket on why this phone won't use the wifi to call out - I speak to a manager in Cricket.  She starts researching it, starts calling corporate and asking them about it all and finds out that Cricket does not support WiFi calling!!!  How could none of the support people or customer service people not know this?  The phone is capable of wifi calling, but Cricket isn't?  So pissed because the web site says wifi.  But when I said this was fraudulent advertising, the manager said "It technocally doesn't state wifi CALLING."  What a rip off.

So the phone worked fine.  Netgear worked fine.  Even the cheap, no cost cell service from Freedompop works on the wifi.  But not the Cricket phone.

Issue resolved.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7