Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

dropping wifi

rhill1959
Aspirant

dropping wifi

Hi,

I'll start out by saying I don't know much about wifi or networking.  My problem is wifi connected devices will stop working.  For example on the iphone it stops working, I'll try the other wifi frequency and it might work, but most times it doesn't .  Sometimes rebooting the iphone fixes it, and other times I end up having to reboot the router taking other attached devices down.  Before doing that, I'll ask around the house and some systems are fine while others may have a problem.

If I go into the admin page for the router and look at the connected devices page, it will have pages of them.  I'll do a refresh and it will narrow down the actual list. 

Any ideas what the problem is and how to correct this problem? 

Model:  C7800

Firmware:  V3.01.40

Thanks,

Robert Hill

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: dropping wifi

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
https://kb.netgear.com/19668/Link-Rate-and-Transfer-Speed

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 3
rhill1959
Aspirant

Re: dropping wifi

Thanks for the pointers.  I did the channel changes for both 2.4 and 5 ghz.  I checked my advanced settings > wireless settings.  Implicit Beamforming was already on, and I don't have options for either MIMO or WMM. 

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7