Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: firmware update c6300 ac1750

Cmakar
Aspirant

So do you have the v2 firmware now.... i tried from January of 2016 to get it and gave up in June .. I am using Thier router now But spent a lot of money on the netgear c6300 and want to get rid of Thier modem. I just don't want to spend hours on the phone with TLC if it is not on v2. What version. Do you have.
Message 26 of 44
KayK
Tutor

I have v.2.01.14. Don't call. I used the online chat and it took less than 5 minutes to have the router updagted (remarkably w/o any interruption of the internet servcie, incl. VPN). Plus you can do other things if there is a wait.

Kay

Message 27 of 44
bearilla83
Aspirant

Im haaving issues with my modem like the others. I am on cox cable how do I fix my issue?

Message 28 of 44
Cmakar
Aspirant

I spent an hour on the phone with Time Warner and finally got my personal Netgear c6300 set up and it is working perfectly now I look at the firmware and it is version 2.01.14 and now all my devices are working in the speed is a lot faster than the ubee gave me. Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 would never stay connected on Wi-Fi and now it is blazing fast. This was all that I wanted and it's confusing that Netgear had this firmware back in January and I had to wait till now before I could use it. I mean that they initially downgraded the firmware on my NETGEAR with an old one because that's what they say they support. With regard to the person on Cox Cable that has a problem if you call them on the phone and they know what they're talking about they're either going to say they support a two-point 1.14 firmware or not and if they don't then you should not use your Netgear on their system because you'll have the same problems I did. I literally spent 10 hours over a three-day period and replaced 3 Netgear routers from Netgear and they kept downgrading my firmware every time but the fact that I couldn't get a straight answer out of Netgear or Time Warner made it very difficult period because they both kept pointing the finger at each other and it really came down to Time Warner is the one that will push down a firmware to your router that they support at that point in time. And if you get someone that does not speak English very well you will just get more and more frustrated.
Message 29 of 44
KayK
Tutor

Good to hear - my problems also went awat with the firmware up-grade.

It took only 5 minutes by chat - that why I prefer chat. Calling TWC can be very frustrating and time consuming.

Kay

Message 30 of 44
KayK
Tutor

Are you on the old firmware (v.1). Definitely worth getting up-graded to v.2. The issues I had completley disappreaded after the up-grade (connectivity speed also increased).

Again, I recommend to chat because it's less frustrating and generally saves time.

Ka

Message 31 of 44
mummandy
Aspirant

DarrenM, i sent you a pm.  I am on Charter and have had the C6300 for a long time.  I do not know when I bought it.  I am trying to port forward, but the router's firewall is blocking it.  There isn't a firewall option under advanced > security, which means that I cannot fix this.  I found in another thread that the V1.02.21 fixes this, but the only way to get the firmware is throught the ISP, or through the Netgear Genie app.  The Genie states that I am up to date on the firmware.  Is there a way that you can send me the firmware and I will manually update it?

Thanks

Message 32 of 44
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello mummandy 

I responded to your Pm

DarrenM

Message 33 of 44
eastcastle
Tutor

Hi, I haven't come here for a while but the C6300/firmware issue has been solved a couple fo months ago with Charter. Even though they say they do not have the updated firmware as told by Netgear (they often played me like a pingpong), they do have the ability to make it work although it is model of Netgear products supported by Charter. But there is trick here. Not everyone at Charter can do the job. You need talk to a technical guru at Charter who can somehow make it work for you with a new replacement C6300. When done, the firmware automatically updated from V1.02.20 to V1.02.21 (not positive for accuracy but will update if wrong). I did not respond to other inquires from other ISP, sorry. 

Message 34 of 44
Cmakar
Aspirant

So now that I am finally running the 2.01.14 on TWC, and things are a lot faster, I have noticed that my modem will just stop responding to WIFI request after a few days and I have to power it off and back on and it works fine.    I see others on Charter are running 2.01.20 and 2.01.21...  is this available on TWC and if so, what does it fix?  When the C6300 stops working, I can also no longer use a direct ethernet connection and cannot get to the Netgear Web interface to look at things.  Last question is there a limit to how many devices my router can handle?  I have 15 wireless devices and 3 ethernet connected devices but usually just 14 active connections at one time.  I use to have problems with the TWC Arris modem with anything above 10 devices.  But the 18 devices will show up in the netgear admin page and show now issues and I cannot see a limit.  It would be nice to know if there is a limit somewhere and we just dont know about it.  

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 35 of 44
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Cmakar

It can handle that many devices just depends on how much bandwidth you have as for the Firmware that is up to the ISP so it will differ between ISP. As for the modem disconnecting you may want to try and change your wireless channel in the wireless settings see if that stops the drop out of your wireless devices.

DarrenM

Message 36 of 44
Cmakar
Aspirant

Changing the signal doesn't help and also using auto channel does the same thing.. the problem is that is just stops responding and the only fix is to power it off and back on. Anyone know if TWC is going to be pushing these new firmwares?
Message 37 of 44
MrRizzo
Aspirant

I have a c6300 and my isp said they don't have any firmware updates for netgear modems. They said you would have to spend me the firmware as they don't deal with Netgear. Talked to all sorts of I.T. personnel and everyone said the same thing. I'm running V1.02.21
Message 38 of 44
boxcar-7
Guide

Hi All,

Can anyone please give me a straight answer on firmware update.  I have v2.01.14.  I have read most of the threads.  What is up?  I did the live chat with TWC (loosers) and they said they do NOT do this.  We went round and round or "Ping Pong" to use another members words.  Bottom line I did not get any resolution.  I'm having streaming issues between my router USB and my Roku 4.  I read in one chat where this firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7urg2qqyr66xvp/V1.0.7.3_beta_roku.chk?dl=0  fixed the issue.  I've downloaded, but do not know what to do with it.  Then I found this chat,  so, can someone please chime in with what is correct to fix my issue and or update my firmware if there is a newer and better version.

Here is the chat: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-abd-Roku3-and-4-unable-to-stream-movie...

Boxcar-7 standing by....Cheers.

Message 39 of 44
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Boxcar7

You are unable to manually update the firmware. Even though you own the modem the cable company still pushes out the firmware updates. Netgear sends the ISP the firmware they then review the firmware and make any changes they want to the firmware then push it to all modems at the same time.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25477?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 40 of 44
boxcar-7
Guide

OK, then Netgear needs to beat down TWC, who insisted they do NOT do firmware updates.  Even after I told them what you (Netgear Support) stated.  After 10+ minutes of live chatting I got no where.  In my oppion there is brake down in responsibility to the customer.  I've moved on and learned that the Seagate 2TB HD will not stream through my Netgear C6300 Router because it also has to power the HD.  I tried streaming a movie using an HD tht has it's own power source and it played just fine.  So, I have found a Sabtent USB docking station (model # EC-DFFN) that will power my 2TB drive.  It makes sence that it should stream now.  Can you, Netgear, give me a thumbs ups that it will work fine before I spend my dollors?

Link here: https://www.sabrent.com/product/EC-DFFN/usb-3-0-sata-external-hard-drive-lay-flat-docking-station-bu...

Seen your link above and see that TWC is on the current version based on your table.  But, that does not excuse TWC tech support from informing customers that it is NOT thier responsibility.  TWC.....the worse!!

Thanks for your time and support.

Boxcar-7...

Message 41 of 44
Indyultra
Aspirant

I also have charter and still on Ver V1.02.20. How do I manually update the firmware? Netgear genie says I'm up to date.

Message 42 of 44
eastcastle
Tutor

The current version should be v2.01.14 as seen recently somewhere on the internet. But the Charter and Netgear always play the customers as a Ping-Pong ball back and forth! Frastrating! A charter tech said it can be updated through the USB port on the router, anyone ever succeeded on this? 

Message 43 of 44
Indyultra
Aspirant

Has anyone seen a download for V2?

Message 44 of 44
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7