Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: gaming disconnection constantly with the ac6300bd

DanisKaye
Aspirant

gaming disconnection constantly with the ac6300bd

my son has an Xbox 360 and since using the netgear c6300bd, he continues to get disconnected from his games. we researched it and found suggestions bout turning the NAT to open, but unfortunately we dont have that option when we looked through our settings. so can you please tell how we can fix this problem.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Daniskaye

What you will need to do is some port forwarding which I will link a guide on how to do that. But first you will need to go to the network settings on the xbox and look at the Ip address it has write that down. Next you will need to log into your router Click on the Advanced Tab then Click Advanced Setup then Port Forwarding/Port Triggering from here you click add custom service and add all the ports needed. I linked how to do this and also a link from xbox on all the ports you will need to open. Let me know if you have any questions about the process.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24046

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
DanisKaye
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM

Thank you for your help. A day after posting this, a cable tech was out our house to fix our cable box and I asked him if he knew anything about it and he did. So now it is fixed, my son is able to play without getting disconnected randomly. What we did was hook up our other router to our Netgear and he uses that one to play his games, so now all is good. I really appreciate your help though, will say those addresses if we should ever have this problem again.

Danis

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7