Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iOS Device connected to wifi, but not data

Candlefire
Aspirant

iOS Device connected to wifi, but not data

I have mostly apple products in our home. My MBP is connected fine as well as the rest of my families'. My phone and others are connected, but my wife's phone won't connect. I have reset all network settings and even tried restoring the phone, but the problem still persists. He phone is connecting to the router and the network, but there is no data transfering. I can't load any pages or apps while connected to wifi. It seems hers is the only one having this problem. Any thoughts?

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Candlefire
Aspirant

Re: iOS Device connected to wifi, but not data

Update - I am able to connect to the guest network of my router and get internet data, but I am still unable to get anything from either the 2.4 or 5 frequencies.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would have the phone looked at. IF this is the only phone thats having problems and other phones are working with the C7800, this phone needs to be looked at. 

Try this, disable secuity temporarily on the C7800. Connect the phone to the modem. Does it work any? Re-enable WPA2 and AES on the C7800. 

Message 3 of 5
Candlefire
Aspirant

That was a good suggestion, but it did not work. Her phone still won't connect to either the 2.4 ghz or the 5 ghz networks. It will connect to the 2.4 ghz guest network, however. I just don't understand what the difference is between those networks that is causing the problem.

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Even if that is failing, something with her phone isn't right. If it was the modem, then some if not all of your other devices would be having a problem as well. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7