Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

modem cm1150v dropped wyfy connection

clifton714
Aspirant

modem cm1150v dropped wyfy connection

My wyfy connection keeps disconnecting to my devices.  I have had Comcast check the connection and they indicate there is a good signal comming to the modem.  I have the modem connected to a Nighthawk R7000.  Not sure if it is a modem issue, router issue, or something else.  Any suggestions

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: modem cm1150v dropped wyfy connection

the cm1150v is a modem with voice device. It doesn't have wifi. the R7000 does. If your hardwired devices work fine and its only the wireless devices, than the issue is with the router. If this is the case then here's the forum for the router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Include more details such as if its all devices dropping, individual devices, which band or if both wireless bands are dropping, house materials and size, and firmware on the router.

Message 2 of 9
clifton714
Aspirant

The devices that seem to get disconnected from the wyfy include macbook pro, Ruku, iphones, and Ipads.  They all loose connection at the same time.  I loose connection on both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz signals coming from the Netgear Nighthawk router.  If I power down the modem and router, the wyfy connections are restored.  I have a two story house but all devices are disconnected at the same time. I also loose my phone service connected to the CM1150V modem.  That is why i'm not sure which Netgear device (modem or router) or both that might be the issue.  The Comcast technician said he reviewed my service history over the past several months and didn't see where the internet signal coming from Xfinity was interrupted.  Any ideas.  

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

can you take a screen snip of your modem connections page?

This shows a brief snap in time of your modem connections.

If you're losing internet to all your internet device and your phone, it stands a better chance to be modem related. 

If you have any splitters, ampliers, attenuators,  or kinked coax in the line, remove them

I'd also recommend moving the modem to right where the coax enters the house. This removes the chance that its the coax within the home that's causing the issue. 

Message 4 of 9
clifton714
Aspirant

Here is the photos of the connect log.  My inlet cable line from comcast is in the garage and the modem in the family room.  Hard to connect the modem where the line comes into the house.  Only one splinter on the line.  Comcast said the signal at the modem was excelent.  Their words.  Not sure if the modem is the issue or something else.  Got the Netgear modem  in May 2019 when I installed various Roku devices on 4 TV's.  We were looking to reduce comcast paid modem and remote TV devices.  I had no issue with their equipment.  My issues as explained in my posts just started this month.  No issue with the main TV in the family room.  

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

scroll that to the side so we can see the error side of the connection log. 

When it goes down, do the hardwired device go down too?

Message 6 of 9
clifton714
Aspirant

hope this helps.  Can't get the full screen in the photo

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

Your modem connections look fairly good.  You could hardwire into the modem and see if the connections drop. If they don't, then you move on to the next device in the testing which would be the R7000? 

What firmware is on your R7000?

The r7000 isn't know for having the best firmware out there. Some have had good luck with factory resetting the router and re-installing. Some have needed to roll back to version .42 of the firmware to get a stable firmware. 

Message 8 of 9
clifton714
Aspirant

Thanks for your review.  The router firmware is up to date for Xfinity.  Since the issue involves my phone, I have to assume the issue is with the modem.  I guess I will need to pay the Netgear support fee and get them involved if the issue occurs again.  Cheers

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7