Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: netgear DGND3700V2 NO-IP / Netgear Dynamic Host

ZeroC00l
Luminary

netgear DGND3700V2 NO-IP / Netgear Dynamic Host

For some reason after setting up a NO-ip / Netgear Dynamic Host, everytime I click on show status, it's telling me,

update failed at 21:14 PM, 01/09/2017.The service provider is not reachable.

But yet if I use the Client software, it shows into and green check marks.

I got a hold of my ISP, and they told me they do not block any ports of any kind.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 13
ZeroC00l
Luminary

So no one knows? Netgear won't answer, Netgear want's to charge me to ask this? Wow really? What a crock of crap. You added support for this, I set it up, and broken and you can't help me without charging me? Wow, another corp thug I see.

I mean if your going to add a feature, you should at least make sure it works and if not help the person getting it to work.

Another fail FTW.....

Message 2 of 13
ZeroC00l
Luminary

Don't you Netgear read the posts here? I opened port, DMZ, shut off router firewall, shut of windows firewall, i have tried everything. I can't access my own ports now/? What the heck Netgear? Your Firmware broken or something? Answer, my god Jim....

Message 3 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ZeroC00l

Have you updated to the latest Firmware? And when you say you clicked on show status you are talking about on the internet port in the Advanced settings correct?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 13
ZeroC00l
Luminary

I am using Firmware version Firmware Version V1.1.00.26_1.00.26NA

Advanced / Advanced Setup / Dynamic DNS and click on Show Status No update action. There is no IP address on the Internet port.

I get that when NO-IP asked me to use the no-ip setting.

Now when I use NETGEAR setting, I get this, Update failed at 16:00 PM, 01/11/2017.The service provider is not reachable.

Message 5 of 13
ZeroC00l
Luminary

So this is so annoying, I have a problem, and Netgear nor NO-IP want to even get this working, NO-IP is saying Netgear is having issues with the API, but I am stuck here being tossed like a ping pong ball between to paddles. No one knows and no one helping, take your money and leave you hang to dry, typical so typical.................

Message 6 of 13
ZeroC00l
Luminary

I am about to give up on this router, It's enough to sit here for 3 days troubleshooting it, some feature that don't work, and one wants to take responsibulity to fix a broken addition. No one from Netgear cares, no one no-ip cares. So I son't care, and thus my last product from Netgear. If you cannot come up with solution, or not even respond to my posts, your telling me you have no intrest in this. So I dont either.

Message 7 of 13
ZeroC00l
Luminary

So I went to an older firmware, DGND3700v2-V1.1.00.21_1.00.21NA and tried the same settings, no go.

Then reinstalled DGND3700v2-V1.1.00.26_1.00.26NA restore defaults, and still no go.

Also it's not opening any ports on port forward at all, I add a random port, like 17777 and goto WhatsMyIP.org don't even see the port at all.

I don't know what the hell this is but it's pretty sad I use to have a Linksys, never, ever had a issue port forwarding with it, .Very very annoyed.

Message 8 of 13
ZeroC00l
Luminary

After more tinkering, If I enable remote access and goto whatsmyip.org, put in that port, it sees it. So why isn't it forwarding my ports?

Message 9 of 13
ZeroC00l
Luminary

WTH is your problem? nothing is working, can you at least respond, i mean jesus people.

Message 10 of 13
ZeroC00l
Luminary

Netgear you have major flaws in your routers software. One services, when I add a service with name and tcp/udp / start and end port works fine. But if I goto inbound connections and I want to port forward port to my LAN IP it works. 

But if I want to use that service with the port range on a different LAN IP I get duplicate service name.

Now come on, this is retarded, really Netgear, who makes the software? 5 year olds?

Why is there an option in services to have a starting and ending port if I can't assign different LAN IP's to the same service name using a different port? Really?

So in theroy I have to have Service Name 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and so on, with only 1 port added if I want to use a LAN IP I have to make service name call it Service Name 1 assign port 12345 for Lan 192.168.1.0

Then if I wan to say use 22345  I have to create a Service Name 2 assign port 22345 for Lan 192.168.1.1

Dumb, why even have start and end port range if you can't set inbound ports to use different LAN IP's?

Message 11 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ZeroC00l

Have you tried to use No-ip update client tool since you are getting the update fail message you can download it from here.

http://www.noip.com/download?page=win

DarrenM

Message 12 of 13
ZeroC00l
Luminary

Well the whole point of having built into the router so that each PC doesn't need the client software installed. 🙂

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7