Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: night hawk c7100v

MTWOODLAND
Guide

night hawk c7100v

Trying to run a 1.gbps signal from comcast, my main CPU is on ethernet. looked up firmware ver. it is up to date ( v2.01.42 ). modem side is DOCSIS 3.0

I got the 1Gig bundle from comcast but the best I get is speeds is 600-700 Ghz.

I would think the NIC on the modem side can handle 10/100/1000 Mhz and connected to the ethernet port on the router side, 24 channels QAM256 modulation, I could get 1.Gig .. Am I missing something here ???

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
MTWOODLAND
Guide

that would explain why the " tier 1 " help desk at comcast wasn't able to load a driver, she didn't explain What Driver, but assume it was DOCSIS 3.1 driver. everything I researched was DOCSIS3.0 would max out at 1Gig...bummer, I would be fine with paying for 1Gig and get 900Meg. the salesman said " for a dollar I would go from 600Meg to 1Gig...

thanks for your help Plemans

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
MTWOODLAND
Guide

ok, so I'm mixing up speed vs data in my question, yet all I read about the DOCSIS 3.0 and other Spec's on this modem, I should be able to handle 1.gbps   yes ?? no ???

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

Problem is the ISP. Comcast requires docsis 3.1 for gigabit speeds. 

The more people that have been moving to higher speed bundles the more that are requiring docsis 3.1 for those speeds. For example, cox is now starting to require docsis 3.1 for speeds >150mbps. 

Message 3 of 6
MTWOODLAND
Guide

that would explain why the " tier 1 " help desk at comcast wasn't able to load a driver, she didn't explain What Driver, but assume it was DOCSIS 3.1 driver. everything I researched was DOCSIS3.0 would max out at 1Gig...bummer, I would be fine with paying for 1Gig and get 900Meg. the salesman said " for a dollar I would go from 600Meg to 1Gig...

thanks for your help Plemans

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

yeah, you can't just "load a driver" to go from docsis 3.0 to 3.1. Its a hardware difference. 

Not the first time comcast's tier 1 support has led someone astray. 

Message 5 of 6
MTWOODLAND
Guide

yes you can hear the pages turning as they try to fine a answer.. Haha..

had one ( " tech" use that word loosely ). that didn't know ethernet conn from wifi conn. I hung up after short while in frustration....

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7