Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: nighthawk c7100v

MTWOODLAND
Guide

nighthawk c7100v

I'm having problems with upstream bonded channels.

LockedATDMA35120 Ksym/sec29200000 Hz57.0 dBmV

locked   atdma 3 5120 Ksym/sec 29200000Hz 57.0dBmV

can get only one locked channel from comcast, as you can see my dBmV is too high.

I do get 17-18Mbps upload. 

Was wondering if there was a setting on my Nighthawk that I could throttle down the signal strength, in hopes to allow the 7 other channels to sync up.

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
labatt
Mentor

Would suggest you talk with Comcast support. They control the cable side which is what you are talking about. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

No, there's no setting to change. 

You can check to see if you have any amplifiers, attenuators, or splitters in line. Remove them if you do. Check the coax line for kinks, damage, extended runs, issues, etc. 

If that doesn't help, you'd want to contact your isp to check your line. 

Message 2 of 6

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 3 of 6
labatt
Mentor

Would suggest you talk with Comcast support. They control the cable side which is what you are talking about. 

Message 4 of 6
MTWOODLAND
Guide

yeah, checked all the normal stuff, splitters, cables, etc.. I'm in a rental home, moved in 1 month ago, Comcast came out did their thing then left. first check after they left I was getting all 8 upstreams locked. couple / few days later I was running on only 1 channel. researched issues common to " upstream / bonding ", found that Ideally signal strength was 38-48 Dbmv... if signal went too high ( mine showing 57 ) then bond locking can have problems. my old netgear 300 had a option in advance setting to toggle power request to comcast. do not see that option on my nighthawk, do not think a Attenuation problem exist cause I am getting too high of signal / decibals.     as far as Comcast, please, I don't need someone to come out, tell me the line is fine and it's your equiptment, and by the way sense it's you equiptment here is a bill for 75.00  hahaha. not funny. HOPEFULLY, big hope, I can get a tier II tech that has admin rights and can do more than read from a manual

Message 5 of 6
MTWOODLAND
Guide

all points to Comcast, I have obtained tier II phone number. once they lower the signal strength I'm sure all will work.. Call it resolved..

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7