Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readyShare does not allow me to connect to my HDD

Savier
Tutor

readyShare does not allow me to connect to my HDD

I'm not sure that I put the rounter name correctly, but if not, my router name is NighthawkAX8AX6000 WiFI Cable Modem
Router, Model CAX80. So before readyShare allowed me to connect to my HDD with the USB behind the modem router. I don't know if it updated and that caused the problem because I did not update the firmware. If it did it might of came from the ISP, the current firmware version I have is V2.1.2.6, and when I check for an update, I can't find no new update. Now that I try to access the drive it tells me for the password and it doesnt allow me to connect with the password I set. I'll upload the message I get here. I also have issue with the router/modem when I restart it, it asks me for a new password and a securtiy questions everytime I restart it, but thats for another discussion. please if you guys know whats going on or if I'm doing something wrong, please let me know,

Thank you

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: readyShare does not allow me to connect to my HDD

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 11
Savier
Tutor

I have factory reset the modem, like a week ago, but it still acts the same, I even formated my HDD just incase that was the problem, but same thing. I also went to netgears site and downloaded the firmware and updated it to the same version, but nothing changed. Something that also happens sometimes is that my modem reads my HDD as two HDD, same capacity, and everything else except the name. The name is just bunch of dollar and hashtag signs. When I try to remove my HDD from the modem, it still reads it as beening connected. I'm starting to think that it might be the firmware because when I got the modem, it didn't act like this. I tried to get the older version of the modem, but I only found one on Netgear's site.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is brand and model# and size of this HDD? 

USB 2.0 or 3.0? 

Does it have it's down power adapter? 

Message 4 of 11
Savier
Tutor

I got this from amazon to put my HDD and connect it to my modem: https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Lay-Flat-Docking-EC-DFLT/dp/B00LS5NFQ2/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&k...

It's USB 3.0 and it has a power adapter to power the HDD. My HDD is a Seagate BarraCuda 4TB Internal Hard Drive ST4000DMZ04/DM004.

Message 5 of 11
uncle_bill_bill
Aspirant

I had the same issue with the latest firmware..... I tried manually downgrading back to 2.1.1.4 (which my USB drive works again!), but it got automatically updated to 2.1.2.6 again.....

I turned off the password of that mapped drive in login.net, it works again.  But this worries me a bit cos of no password protection now.....  any suggestion besides getting an authentic NAS?

Message 6 of 11
uncle_bill_bill
Aspirant

CAX80 user

I had the same issue with the latest firmware..... I tried manually downgrading back to 2.1.1.4 (which my USB drive works again!), but it got automatically updated to 2.1.2.6 again.....

I turned off the password of that mapped drive in login.net, it works again.  But this worries me a bit cos of no password protection now.....  any suggestion besides getting an authentic NAS?

Message 7 of 11
Jordan-P
Star

Deleted
Message 8 of 11
Jordan-P
Star

For what it's worth... I have a CAX80 and have been using Readyshare for over a year with an external USB drive attached with password protected shares using the router login admin and password and everything has been fine. In the last 1 to 2 weeks I can no longer access my password protected Readyshare shares. If I turn off the password protection I get to them fine. But something has changed in the last week or two that is causing the password protected shares not to accept the router login and password.

I've tried a lot of things to rectify the problem. So many that I don't think there is anything I can do to fix it. Fix will have to come the way of a firmware update. I'm assuming there is a security certificate or something somewhere that maybe has expire. Maybe not? But nothing has changed on my end. Something broke possibly with a recent firmware update.
Message 9 of 11
uncle_bill_bill
Aspirant

For those who still face this issue, Netgear had recently updated the firmware to 2.1.3.5, I tried for few days.  My readyshare is back to normal, with admin password protection.

Hope this won't break again....

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements