Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

router failure and need advice

bellew
Aspirant

router failure and need advice

suddenly my router has stopped allowing wireless connection. So I tried plugging my computer into it directly, and found that there was no connection that way either. Rebooted but to no avail. Does this mean I need a new router? or any advice before I junk it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Model: R6200|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: router failure and need advice

What are all the led's on it doing? color/blinking/solid/each one

What modem are you using? 

If you hardwire into the router, are you able to access the gui from the browser?

have you tried a factory reset? (push and hold reset while its powered up. Hold for 7-15 seconds or until the lights change)

Message 2 of 7
bellew
Aspirant

Thanks for your advice. Tried the reset but nothing changes. All the lights of the R6200 dual band router are on and steady. On my iphone and wife's it says "could not open page because server stopped responding" when internet is used, however internet icon on phone shows it's on and I'm logged in. So I unplugged the internet connection on my desktop from the cable company modum and plugged it into the router (which is connected to the modum as well)  and the internet connection stopped working. So there is some problem with the router I'm thinking, but I have no idea how to fix it. Frustrating!

Model: R6200|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What modem is it? Sounds like your in a double nat.
Did you hold reset long enough for the routers lights to change?
Message 4 of 7
bellew
Aspirant

Held it down long enough for lights to change. Did it twoce. Nothing changed. It's a R6200 dual band router. I found another router and tried it, same thing. So now I'm thinking it;s the modum.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Try putting the r6300 in ap mode.
Message 6 of 7
bellew
Aspirant

Called my techie son to come over and look at it. hopefully he can fix it. Thanks much for your help, patience and time spent. Cheers!

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7