Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable to re-connect wireless AC1750cable modem router to Canon Pixma MG7720

toltrider
Aspirant

unable to re-connect wireless AC1750cable modem router to Canon Pixma MG7720

My wireless cable modem router worked without issues when my iMac and Canon Pixma 7720 were connected wirelessly.  I had to print something from my HP laptop so i connected the laptop and printer by USB cable. now that i want to print from my MAc, I am not able to do it. I am not able to get access to the router to check settings. When i try to connect thru Canon networking tool, I get a message that my modem password is incorrect or that I am trying to connect to the wrong router. I am sure the modem password is correct.  When I try to access router thru Netgear Genie using admin and password (which i did change and document), the router just clocks until it clocks out.

I tried to print from Mac with printer connected by USB cable, and that did not work either.

I uninstalled the printer on the laptop, which did not help. I have shut down the router, the printer and that did not help. I have tried all the steps Netgear and Canon suggest. I am able to access the internet so internet is fine. When I look at devices connected to wifi, they are identified by numbers so i don't know if printer is listed there or not. We have ipads and iphones so there are several devices listed.

Any suggestions on what went wrong and what steps I can take to reconnect printer wirelessly? 

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: unable to re-connect wireless AC1750cable modem router to Canon Pixma MG7720

Have you rebooted the modem then attempted to install and connect the printer wirelessly? 

Sounds like something happend on the Mac. When you had the Mac and printer connected wirelessly OSX makes one printer setup for it in the Preferences. If you connected the USB cable from the Mac to the printer, then this would create another printer selection in the OSX Preferences for this connection. So you would have had two connections for the printer. You may have selected the wrong printer after you disconnected the USB cable. 

You'll need to ensure the printer driver is removed from the mac and then follow the printers setup process to get it wirelessly connected. You'll need to refer to the printers Mfrs support site and pages. You may want to phone them to get help if you can't get it installed again. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: unable to re-connect wireless AC1750cable modem router to Canon Pixma MG7720

Have you rebooted the modem then attempted to install and connect the printer wirelessly? 

Sounds like something happend on the Mac. When you had the Mac and printer connected wirelessly OSX makes one printer setup for it in the Preferences. If you connected the USB cable from the Mac to the printer, then this would create another printer selection in the OSX Preferences for this connection. So you would have had two connections for the printer. You may have selected the wrong printer after you disconnected the USB cable. 

You'll need to ensure the printer driver is removed from the mac and then follow the printers setup process to get it wirelessly connected. You'll need to refer to the printers Mfrs support site and pages. You may want to phone them to get help if you can't get it installed again. 

Message 2 of 5
toltrider
Aspirant

Thank you.  Your directions did allow me to get the printer to operate wirelessly.  I uninstalled then reinstalled the printer. 

I still can't access the router settings. Should I care?

Message 3 of 5
toltrider
Aspirant

OK with router access. I restarted the modem router and was able to get into router. Thanks again for your help.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7