Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: what to do when blocksites says *No space to add new keywords* ??

xanthus
Aspirant

what to do when blocksites says *No space to add new keywords* ??

Hardware VersionC279T00-01

Firmware VersionV2.02.08

Cable Modem Serial Number3KX2547B00688

i have more sites that need blocking what can i do?ex:http://virus-detected-online.info/1-844-453-5153/chrm/ a bogus pop up type that u cant close w/o shutting down browzer its a fake to get u to pay companys to remove a virus thats not there!!

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

If you are trying to use blocksites to protect your computer from visiting dangerous websites, then this is a losing battle.  As you have discovered, there is a limit to the number of sites that you can block on your C3700.  You will simply never be able to keep up with the thousands upon thousands of dangerous websites out there.

If I were you, I would run an antivirus scan on your computer.  Install an Internet protection program.  If you commonly visit websites of questionable repute or legitimacy, then you should stop.  Check your browser for mysterious plugins or extensions.  Make sure your computer and router are using legitimate DNS servers.

Message 2 of 4
xanthus
Aspirant

what kind of internet softwear can u use to block the microsoft you have a  virus popups that always get past the blockers and arent concidered virus;....the only sites i goto are because i cannot afford cable* and the internet.so i use tv sites to watch tv*...its a damn shame how thoese that have*by whatever chance/luck*...cant seem to grasp....the so many more that have not/cant*..and we pay dearly for having less as if we had a choice*and thoese of us that gav our all and stil do to help others*the lack of care w/noses held high*.totally clueless the the hvenots struggle...as folk get tired of payin and payin only to do w/o and the jails fill full hate reigns* its beat into thoese that cant afford to pay and always pay more*how is it? WHY? that the slimbals seem to have all the resources??opps sorry ...PMS*.,,,,flashbacks ect...

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Er, that swung off topic.  This forum isn't the best place to learn about protecting your computer.  I suggest you Google protect your computer.  There are lots of free tools and tips (Anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and the best browser extensions and settings) that you can use.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7