Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

will my C6220 work with my Honeywell WiFi Thermostat?

vermontWifI
Aspirant

will my C6220 work with my Honeywell WiFi Thermostat?

NETGEAR C6220-100NAS AC1200 (8x4) WiFi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router Combo

I am trying to get this to work with a Honeywell Wifi thermostat

the page located at https://ensupport.getconnected.honeywellhome.com/s/article/Why-is-my-Honeywell-Wi-Fi-device-not-conn...

suggests that the following needs to be set up, can someone confirm that these are all configured in factory settings on the Router before I start trying to change things? or if there IS something I need to adjust to make this work?
thank you
To fix this issue please check the following settings in the network, or contact the internet service provider to see if they can check them:

• Make sure there isn’t a limit to the number of devices that can connect to the network.
  • Make sure the router is set up for DHCP.
  • Make sure the network is using one of the following security protocols:
    • OPEN
    • WEP_PSK
    • WPA_TKIP_PSK
    • WPA2_AES_PSK
    • WPA2_MIXED_PSK
  • Make sure WiFi network is set to broadcast to 2.4 GHz 
  • Make sure ports 443 and 80 are open. (no idea? is this standard?)
  • Make sure the WiFi network is broadcasting on the channels 1 or 6 or 11 (confirmed this is correct)
  • If there is a firewall, make sure the device can connect to the following IP addresses:  (No firewall that I am aware of)
  • Make sure the network is a standard home network and does not require logging in from a webpage like a guest or an enterprise network might for example. (it does not)
  • Make sure there are no special characters (#, $, @, etc.) in the network name or password.(MY PW is alphanumeric)
Message 1 of 3
pdoucet
Aspirant

Re: will my C6220 work with my Honeywell WiFi Thermostat?

i got the same from honneywell. problem is i have no idea what that means.

netgear wants to charge me anywhere from $50 to $200 for service contract to fix the problem

Message 2 of 3
vermontWifI
Aspirant

Re: will my C6220 work with my Honeywell WiFi Thermostat?

I think Honeywell recently released new instructions. I was doing mine with an android phone, ,I can't recall if we tried my friend's iphone. But, the android instructions changed telling us to put the android in airplane mode and then turn on the wifi on the phone. THat did the trick and now i have full remote capability. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7