× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Antenna for Nighthawk® M6 Pro 5G mmWave WiFi 6E Mobile Hotspot Router, Up to 8Gb

mboyag
Follower

Antenna for Nighthawk® M6 Pro 5G mmWave WiFi 6E Mobile Hotspot Router, Up to 8Gb

What Antenna can I get for the Nighthawk® M6 Pro 5G mm Wave WiFi 6E Mobile Hotspot Router. I need to purchase one for the unlocked Router. I need to take it to Africa with me but the reception is poor without an antenna

Message 1 of 3
JT240Z
Luminary

Re: Antenna for Nighthawk® M6 Pro 5G mmWave WiFi 6E Mobile Hotspot Router, Up to 8Gb

Not aware of any external antenna option for mmWave option on the M6.  mmWave is a close quarters option for very dense operation such as airports and stadiums.  External antenna would not only not help in this application but, I believe, that the use of external antennas disables the mmWave operation of the device.

Message 2 of 3
JT240Z
Luminary

Re: Antenna for Nighthawk® M6 Pro 5G mmWave WiFi 6E Mobile Hotspot Router, Up to 8Gb

Just for clarification, I was referring to the use of the mmWave option.  If you're looking for general use, then you need to be looking for a t-9 connector 2x2 MIMO antenna.  There are a lot of variances with these so be aware that some work well and some don't.  The internal antenna is 4x4 MIMO and will provide better bandwidth even if signals are low.  If the device is unusable due to low signal strength, then an external antenna may be your only option.

Which model pro do you have?  Have you verified that it will even work in the region you'll be traveling to.  The AT&T locked version will only work on their system unless unlocked.  Even if unlocked, it is limited to bands that AT&T uses.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series