× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Can I use Nighthawk m1 in different countries?

Viaa
Tutor

Can I use Nighthawk m1 in different countries?

I am planning to buy the nighthawk m1 for my sailboat. Does it work with different SIM cards in different countries? Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can I use Nighthawk m1 in different countries?

@Viaa wrote:
I am planning to buy the nighthawk m1 for my sailboat. Does it work with different SIM cards in different countries? Thanks!

We have different SKUs for different regions that support the unique bands for the regions. 

Please advise where you are located and where you are planning to travel.

Thanks

John

Message 2 of 6
Viaa
Tutor

Hi! Thank you so much for your reply. But what does that mean? I am in Colombia right now. Planning on traveling Central and South America, the Caribbean Sea, and eventually maybe North America, Europe, the Pacific… in short, everywhere. Does this mean that one device will not work?
Message 3 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

M1 can't support all regions. You can try our new models, such as MR6450-100EUS. It can support EMEA carriers, and also with limited roaming support in north America and South America.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
sharpshot1990
Initiate

Can I have a list of the nighthawk m1 models that work in the different regions. I will only be using this international with sim cards from those areas.

I am traveling to:

Mexico

Hunderes

Colombia

The Carribean (bahamas, dominican republic, puerto rico)

Bonaire

Utila

Aruba

South Africa in cape town

I would need to know what models work for what regions so I can buy the correct models for these areas.

Message 5 of 6
Viaa
Tutor

Please let me know too!! I’ll be sailing primarily in Central America, Caribbean islands, and a bit of South America. At least for the first few months…

I still haven’t found much info about if the nighthawk m1 will work in those areas.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series