× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Can not send sms with Netgear Nighthawk m6 6500

Xop0
Guide

Can not send sms with Netgear Nighthawk m6 6500

Does the device for 1000€ lack such a basic function that was in all previous m models? I can't send SMS either from the router, or from the application, or from the web panel. And without this function, the router simply turns into garbage, since my operator obliges me to send SMS every 10GB. Surprisingly, a year ago I asked to add the Auto send SMS function, and now it turns out that this function is either hidden or absent.
Message 1 of 4
Xop0
Guide

Can someone advise something? Or should I just return the router back to Amazon?

Is it possible to write an API to send SMS from a router if it does not have this function?

Traits from Netgear removed sending sms from m6 pro, although it was in m5, and my Bulgarian **bleep** operator requires sending sms every 10 gigs.

Moreover, from the operator's website you can send 20 sms per day, but only to long numbers.

Are there any ways to send SMS from a number that is not inserted into your phone, but on whose Wi-Fi you are sitting?
Message 2 of 4
Dzl210
Aspirant

All I can say is same. Half the reason I bought this was so I could still be contacted via SMS.

Message 3 of 4
Xop0
Guide

They are completely. removed this feature and have not added it with any patch so far. I sold my device. If version 7 does not have this function, I will continue to distribute the Internet from my phone. It's a pity that there are no alternatives on the mobile router market.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7