× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Cannot get my RBR850 to operate with my Nighthawk M6 Pro

Gr84caster
Tutor

Cannot get my RBR850 to operate with my Nighthawk M6 Pro

I have an NetGear Nighthawk M6 pro 5G hotspot that is my only access to the internet.  I have an ORBI RDR850 that I was able to use with my old 4G Nighthawk hotspot but when I hook up the rj45 cable and activate the ethernet function there is nothing at the ORBI. It's like it doesn't see it.  The result is I have to just use the wireless hookups with the hotspot which is limiting.  I have the ORBI mesh to cover all over my house and then some.  Any thoughts on what can be done?  Tech support at NetGear has been useless.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannot get my RBR850 to operate with my Nighthawk M6 Pro

Do you have the new router in passthrough mode or the orbi in access point mode? otherwise you're in a double nat

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Do you have the new router in passthrough mode or the orbi in access point mode? otherwise you're in a double nat

Message 2 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Gr84caster

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU (e.g. MR6500-1A1NAS)? This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label

Kindly access M6 Web UI, go to General > Power Manager > change Power Manager Profile to Performance. Once done, check if you can go online wired to the M6. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 7
Gr84caster
Tutor

SKU 6238D

Message 4 of 7
Gr84caster
Tutor

Thanks.  I changed the settings on the Orbi.  It didn't work but I believe that there is an issue with the NightHawk as well.  I'll post an update once NetGear gets the NightHawk working properly.

Message 5 of 7
Gr84caster
Tutor

I logged into my nighhawk and it will not allow me to select "performance" for my power setting.  Do I need to activate the ethernet before I can do this?

Message 6 of 7
Gr84caster
Tutor

So my issue was finally resolved. There was a DNS conflict and it was allowing data to flow from my hotspot. Once that was resolved then setting up the ORBI was a snap.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7